Department Head Search
NC State invites applications and nominations for the position of Department Head of the Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering. The Department Head will
hold the rank of Professor with tenure and provide energetic and visionary leadership to a department with very high expectations and goals in the areas of teaching, research and service.
He/she will report to the Dean and oversee all academic, administrative, and budgetary matters for the Department, and will represent the Department to the College, University Administration, and external groups and stakeholders.
The Engineering Oval is the Future Home of ISE
The Engineering Oval building will be the fourth academic engineering building on Centennial Campus and will sit between the Hunt Library and Engineering Building I.
- It will measure 227,000 square feet
- It will house more than 100 classrooms and state of the art laboratories
- The estimated cost is $154 million
Explore our Research Areas
Learn by Doing
Learn more about ISE Academics
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering (BSIE)
- Accelerated Bachelor / Master in Industrial Engineering (ABM)
- Master in Industrial Engineering (MIE)
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering (MSIE)
- Master of Industrial Engineering / Master of Business Administration (MIE-MBA)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Engineering (Ph.D.)
Broaden Your World
Co-op Experience: Engineering students can gain hands-on job experience while pursuing their degrees, and get paid for it, through the Cooperative Education Program.
Study Abroad: Engineering is a global enterprise. Many employers are looking for graduates with second languages and international exposure. Study Abroad can make that happen.
Donations help the ISE department evolve and keep pace with the latest technology, while giving our students the skills, global awareness and sense of responsibility they need to make a difference in the world. Consider supporting the department today. Follow our Give Now link to donate to our Top 5 Enhancement Fund.