Volunteer | Alumni Engagement | NC State ISE
The success of our students is made possible by the contributions of our alumni volunteers. When you volunteer your time through classroom learning, semester projects, internships and co-ops, and industry tours, you enrich the students’ experience and prepare them for the future.
Volunteering through the department is an excellent way for you to help make a difference in someone’s life. You can give back to your ISE community, help a department that helped you, and improve the education of future industrial engineers. Besides, it just feels good to volunteer!
Volunteer in Ways You Can
Whether you prefer having a flexible schedule or enjoy long-term programs, the ISE department has many ways you can dedicate your time.
- Volunteer your time through class presentations, panels and lectures. Engage ISE students in real-world problems, solutions and hands-on exercises.
- Dedicate a day to judge ISE Senior Design Projects. See students fresh ideas and real-world solutions during their final presentation.
- Show students your facilities through tours. Demonstrate the principles taught in the classroom getting put into action.
- Review student resumes and help them prep for job interviews.
- Mentor students in the Alumni-Student Mentor Program. Advise ISE students’ and help them build a network with highly successful and experienced alumni.
- Become a senior design sponsor. Work with students who can analyze your proposal and provide valuable solutions during a semester-long project.
Frequently Asked Questions
We understand volunteers have a busy schedule and would never ask you to overcommit to a program or event. Some volunteering opportunities are one-time events that ask for a few hours of your day. Other programs span a semester, like the Alumni-Student Mentor Program or the Senior Design Sponsorship.
Whatever type of volunteer you want to be, ISE has options for you to choose. For more information, contact Wendy Coleman-Blue | firstname.lastname@example.org | 919.515.5413
Volunteers receive an on-campus parking pass for the day of their event. Additionally, no special training is needed for our events. Oftentimes food is provided.
Volunteering your time and sharing your experiences are just as important as financial gifts. We understand our volunteers give what they can. Your time and resources are valuable and your drive to make a difference in a student’s life is greatly appreciated.
We are looking for alumni and volunteers who are passionate about making a difference in the ISE community. We value all levels of knowledge and experience and hope that you share your wisdom with students.
Each volunteer experience has different expectations. Volunteering opportunities for one-time events require a few hours of your day. Other programs that span a semester need you to set aside time to help your students.
For more information, visit each volunteering opportunity or contact Julie Swann | email@example.com | 919.515.6423.
YES! The ISE department is looking for alumni and volunteers who have a passion for making a difference in someone’s life or the ISE community. We value all levels of knowledge and experience that can help our students succeed.
We would never ask you to overcommit to a program or event. If you attend an event and it’s not the right fit, we completely understand and hope you continue to be a supportive member of the ISE Department in whatever way you can.
We always love to explore new and creative ways to team up with our alumni. If you want to volunteer, let us know your ideas!