NC State University offers a wide variety of software to its students, faculty and staff for FREE or a reduced rate. Please use the links below to locate and download software.
How To’s and Documentation
How-to Remotely Connect to Your Office PC
Students, staff and faculty member can work remotely on their ISE-owned, campus computers. To gain remote access, simply request remote access permission by emailing email@example.com.If you are using Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) while off-campus, you MUST connect to NCSU’s virtual private network (VPN) to gain access to your office machine.
- Go to https://vpn.ncsu.edu and login using your UNITY ID and password
- Follow the instructions for installing the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client onto your remote computer
- Once installed, make sure to connect to “vpn.ncsu.edu”
Most operating systems have a remote access client. With Windows operating systems this client is called Remote Desktop Connection. You can find this application by looking in the Accessories folder in your Start menu. You can access this quicker by:
- Windows 7: Pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and then type Remote Desktop Connection
- Windows 8: Clicking on the upper or lower right corner of the start screen to bring up the menu. click on the Search Icon and type Remote Desktop Connection
- Windows 10: Typing Remote Desktop Connection at the bottom of your home page into the search bar labeled, Search the web and windows
A pop up window will appear on your desktop. Enter [Hostname or IP of PC] and click Connect.
Lastly, a pop up window will ask for your Unity ID and password. Make sure to use “wolftech\unityID” as the username. Enter them and click OK. Your office PC desktop will appear.
Download the ISE IT Guide (PDF 197KB)