The ISE (ePack) job board has information related to jobs in industrial engineering, systems engineering and operations research. It is run through NC State’s Career Development Center’s ePack system. We encourage students and alumni to go to the ISE (ePack) Job Board, but if you want to post your job or apply for a job on the list, you must be a member of NC State’s Alumni Association unless you are a student or are within one year of graduation.
We also post job opportunities below in three categories:
Got a Job?
ISE (ePack) Job Board
ISE Industry Positions
Industrial Engineer (Hybrid)
Serves as an internal consultant to management, staff and physicians in the areas of systems improvement, operational analysis, work process design, information system development and implementation, facility planning, productivity monitoring and other process improvement efforts.
- Analyze the existing flow of people, activities and materials, employee work methods and utilization, policies and procedures, supervisory structure, equipment and computerized systems. Will perform studies to determine service capacities, evaluate staffing needs, analyze workloads, design systems for production and inventory control, prepare time and cost estimates for project implementations, and prepare reports synthesizing analytical results. Will incorporate advanced engineering techniques, including operational research, queuing analysis, theory of constraints and simulation.
- Work collaboratively with leadership and effectively leads the facilitation of multiple Continuous Improvement efforts and apply a variety of improvement methodologies (including Lean, Six Sigma, theory of constraints, TQM, operations research, mathematical modeling & human factors design) and group management techniques (Change Acceleration Process & Workouts) to support individuals and teams through process improvement initiatives.
- Design presentations, reports, etc., to effectively communicate information to stakeholders at all organizational levels.
- Utilize appropriate tools to identify opportunities and/or utilize information to support analytics as part of project work. (e.g., Qlik and Epic reporting structures; Action OI; Info View; Sg2)
Position QUALIFICATIONS (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering.
- Prior experience in health care and knowledge of lean six-sigma is preferred.
- Proficiency in Minitab and/or other statistical packages, Visio and Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to make quality, independent decisions and work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines, ambiguity, high volumes and multiple interruptions.
- Willingness to take risks and lead change.
- Must possess the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people, including various healthcare professionals, administrators and various business leaders.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with proven ability to facilitate cross-functional teams ranging from executive to staff-level employees.
- Flexibility, innovation and creativity are necessary characteristics of a successful candidate.
Faculty and Staff Positions
Open rank full-time professional faculty position to support senior design
The faculty of ISE invites applications for a professional track faculty position. Rank is commensurate with education and experience. Rank could be Lecturer or Senior Lecturer; Assistant Teaching Professor or Associate Teaching Professor or Teaching Professor; or Professor of the Practice. The expected start date for this position is Fall 2022. Candidates will devote their time to undergraduate and graduate students’ education and report to the Department Head. Outside of teaching, faculty are expected to serve as academic advisors to students, advisors of student groups, or other duties associated with the academic programs run by ISE. Course responsibilities involve all of the following:
- Presenting engaging course content that fulfills student learning outcomes
- Developing exams, quizzes, and homework assignments
- Grading assessments with possible TA support
- Holding office hours
- Maintaining up-to-date course platform (e.g. Moodle)
- Determining and posting course grades
The preferred person will be able to support senior design, including overseeing course structure and soliciting projects from stakeholders (e.g., industry, government, non-governmental organizations) and selecting other classes such as python, databases, supply chain, or engineering management. The individual will participate in ABET and student outcome evaluations.
To teach undergraduate or graduate classes in the department for spring, fall, and/or summer sessions.
- A minimum of MS Degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field and appropriate professional experience are required.
- Demonstrate commitment to quality undergraduate and graduate teaching.
- Experience teaching undergraduate or graduate students.
Automation Engineer Intern
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for an Automation Engineer Intern for Spring 2023 in Raleigh, NC. They offer a supportive team environment in which members are willing to share their experiences to help interns grow and provide opportunities for career growth.
- Experience in various areas of industrial automation- from motor control to PLC programming and cloud connectivity
- Experience in the design process of machine automation and controls applications
- Exposure to various automation segments ranging from material handling, logistics, pumping, HVAC and more.
- Working with a team of highly experienced controls and automation engineers
- Working towards a degree in Electrical, Electronics, Industrial Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in programming using object-oriented languages
- Open to learning new software and hardware environments while developing real-life applications
- Self-driven in reaching individual and organizational goals