The ISE (ePack) job board has information related to jobs in industrial engineering, systems engineering and operations research. It is run through NC State’s Career Development Center’s ePack system. We encourage students and alumni to go to the ISE (ePack) Job Board, but if you want to post your job or apply for a job on the list, you must be a member of NC State’s Alumni Association unless you are a student or are within one year of graduation.
We also post job opportunities below in three categories:
Got a Job?
ISE (ePack) Job Board
ISE Industry Positions
Process Improvement Leader
This position will report to Pratt’s Greenville manufacturing location. This position will require frequent overnight travel to multiple Pratt manufacturing locations across the Southeast US. This is an entry-level opportunity and Industry experience is not required.
Lead and manage continual process improvement projects for the purpose of optimizing cross-functional and cross-divisional performance using Lean and Six Sigma techniques.
Maintain programs that document fundamental work processes and methods. Oversee a systematic approach to assuring high-quality service and product consistency to the customer base. Develop and maintain necessary procedures, descriptions and related documentation.
Monitor quality performance, extract and analyze performance data, publish reports reflecting company performance against goals. Establish and maintain effective 2-way communication channels with key personnel throughout the organization.
Recommend process-related design changes and identify opportunities to improve existing procedures, working instructions and related tools to best meet the requirements of an evolving workflow process and product market.
Lead multi-functional teams to identify and focus on core business enhancement opportunities and customer satisfaction. Identify, analyze, and implement solutions to business problems and ensure that corrective & preventive action processes achieve their primary objective of satisfying the customer, reducing cost and increasing efficiency.
Positively influence all levels of management to ensure that personnel training needs are effectively identified. Ensure personnel are receiving the necessary training required to develop and demonstrate functional competencies.
1. Support a safe work environment for the employees.
3. Study manufacturing processes to optimize production efficiencies.
4. Document best practices for machine set-ups and production efficiencies.
5. Work closely with plant leadership and production staff to implement new processes.
6. Measure and monitor results.
7. Continually improve manufacturing efficiency.
Lead Industrial Engineer
Stitch Fix, Phoenix, AZ
We are looking for a bright, kind and goal-oriented Field Engineer to join the Stitch Fix Operations Team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for onsite process improvement initiatives within our warehouses. Reporting to the Manager of Industrial Engineering, the Project Engineer will work closely with other members of the team, with cross-functional business partners, vendors, and employees in our warehouses located across the country.
- Lead large scale, cross-functional projects critical to driving the growth of Stitch Fix’s operations
- Partner closely with warehouse and technical teams to identify opportunities for improvement
- Design and implement new warehouse technologies, processes, and equipment that will enable our warehouses to support business growth
- Proactively seek out opportunities to optimize processes and equipment to drive efficiency, throughput, and client satisfaction
- Manage projects from ideation to implementation
- Research and implement cutting edge technologies
- Develop business cases to justify projects and track results to demonstrate success
- Design facilities layouts, workspaces, equipment, and material flows
- Conduct and lead meetings across multiple levels of leadership and senior management
Experience and Qualifications
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (industrial engineering preferred, but not required)
- You are proficient in AutoCAD and are able to quickly learn how to operate new software (experience with AutoMod, Arena, FlexSim, or other simulation programs preferred)
- You have 2+ years of e-commerce or retail warehousing experience
- You have experience with the design and implementation of warehouse automation or Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- You are an innovator and love finding new and better ways to complete a task
- You are detail-oriented and enjoy creating comprehensive project plans
- You are great at building relationships with business partners
- You thrive in an environment where autonomy and responsibility are given
- You have the ability to balance multiple projects and adhere to deadlines
- You have demonstrated the use of analytical skills and engineering methodology to solve difficult problems
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and G Suite (Google Sheets, Docs, Slides)
- You are an excellent communicator and able to tailor messaging to warehouse associates as well as leadership
- Ability to work from a warehouse; and to travel 10-20%
- 3 – 5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE in Industrial Engineering or related field; experience in warehousing or retail distribution preferred
Faculty and Staff Positions
Search for faculty and staff jobs in the ISE Department on jobs.ncsu.edu.
No jobs currently available