The ISE (ePack) job board has information related to jobs in industrial engineering, systems engineering and operations research. It is run through NC State’s Career Development Center’s ePack system. We encourage students and alumni to go to the ISE (ePack) Job Board, but if you want to post your job or apply for a job on the list, you must be a member of NC State’s Alumni Association unless you are a student or are within one year of graduation.
We also post job opportunities below in three categories:
Got a Job?
ISE (ePack) Job Board
ISE Industry Positions
Inventory Systems Engineer
The Inventory Systems Engineer will join our Engineering team to research, design and develop systems to be used by our manufacturing, product development and inventory teams. This person will also provide quality assurance support to our manufacturing and product development teams, identifying issues and opportunities to improve how data is presented.
- Analyzes data and provides interpretations of data to production teams and Operations.
- Oversees the operation of the Inventory System to ensure accuracy and when possible, makes improvements to streamline the company’s supply chain.
- Optimizes company systems/spreadsheets to meet the company’s needs through scripting.
- Assists in the support, access and customization of spreadsheets/modules used within the company.
- Identifies and analyzes errors/bugs within scripts & spreadsheets and implements changes to code to correct errors.
- Manages multiple API requests to eCommerce and Fulfilment platforms in order to provide teams with real-time up to date data.
- Drafts and maintains SOPs, manuals, and documentation for manufacturing and QA processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experiences and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- A solid understanding of manufacturing practices is preferred
- Knowledge of inventory systems and inventory management methods
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and other Google products
- Data analytics experience: ability to format and clean data. Ability to translate large amounts of data into usable metrics
- Database Knowledge: understanding of database structures, costs and best practices.
- Knowledge of SQL and Google Visualization API Query Language a plus
- A high moral compass and integrity
- A self-starter with a strong drive, high sense of ownership and problem-solving mindset
- A strong work ethic, discipline and attention to detail
Product Manufacturing Engineer
Execution of MRL elements to drive process control will dramatically improve the company’s quality and delivery signature. The Product ME will be responsible for a specific part or part family MRL advancement through the execution of MRL elements such as PFMEA, Control Plan & Gage R&R. The scope of this role will include both PW internal shop and supply chain components.
- With specific product ownership, this role will drive manufacturing process improvements across multiple process steps that spans the full value stream of the parts.
- Provide focused & effective leadership in the advancement of MRL elements to drive manufacturing risk identification and mitigation to achieve superior quality performance.
- Identify & implement process optimization & control methods to eliminate/prevent quality turn backs /escapes and reduce overall product costs.
- As a key member of the Integrated Product Team (IPT), significant interaction with product designers, tool designers, quality assurance, systems designers, and other stakeholders is required
- Use statistical analysis tools to perform Root cause analysis and corrective actions on non-conforming product.
- Drive targeted manufacturing process optimization activities through MRL tools such as Value Stream Mapping and Process Flow Diagram, PFMEA, Control Plans, Measurement Systems Analysis, Yield & Cost curves and Qualification plan.
- The discipline and follow-through to fully document problem statements, observations, conclusions, calculations and recommendations.
- Work with senior management:•Support the project pipeline process to select, prioritize and scope projects to business objectives, integrated with other continuous improvement activities and ACE/CORE initiatives.
- Schedule and facilitate periodic project reviews and ensure validation of MRL gate advancements. Use effective scorecards and metrics to ensure progress.
- Lead significant projects critical to improve manufacturing process capability & quality performance
- Represent the organization in various forums related to MRL execution. Develop standard work, procedures, and integrate industry-standard best practices.
- Communicate lessons learned to:•Product development/engineering to enable implementation of design for variation (DFV) and robust design methods (DFSS).
- Other operational organizations for read across implementation.
Please apply online regardless of experience. There are multiple opportunities for different levels of experience – we are looking for qualified candidates and can adjust to the open positions.
Send a follow-up email to Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org including your resume. Let me know if you have any other questions about Pratt and Whitney or Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering openings.
In this role you will drive and create the IE methods and standards within the transformation of manufacturing and business operations for the Operational Excellence (OpX) Team.
The OpX vision is to be a competitive differentiator executing on an operating standard that is culturally pervasive and institutionalized at all levels of Operations, delivering efficiency and unbeatable results every day for our employees, customers and shareholders.
- Calculating machine and labor requirements, capacity, facility and inventory needs
- Effectively planning and executing projects across multiple sites
- Working across departments such as Operations, Quality, Industrial, Manufacturing, Digital Technology, etc. to drive, design and optimize facility/process efficiency and productivity of labor and machinery
- Direct measures of success include OEE/OLE quantifiable improvements
- Work directly with OpX Transformation Facility Design Specialist as we transform our operational footprint based on lean manufacturing principles
- Learning and applying new concepts while keeping current with state of the art techniques
Apply online. Please send a follow-up email to: Alison.Rosebrough@prattwhitney.com and include your resume. Reach out with any questions about the company or available positions. Apply even if the listing includes experience – there is one posting but multiple positions for all skill levels. There are multiple opportunities for industrial and manufacturing engineers.
Inventory Systems Engineer
- Work closely with the lead, the design team, fellow engineers, and the product team to rapidly deliver new offerings and a great UX
- Develop and plan the technical direction of new offerings
- Write readable, maintainable code that is built to scale.
- Stay up-to-date on technical options and help select the right technology for each task.
- Mentor fellow engineers and review code
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in the code you write
- Highly collaborative engineers who build good relationships with colleagues and communicate clearly.
- You will be part of a small team that is focused on getting things done. And being able to take initiative is the key to success.
- Comfortable with fluid requirements and ability to pivot easily.
- Passionate about building products that users will love.
- Fluent in test automation and continuous integration
- Strong desire to constantly improve development processes
Experiences and Qualifications
- Strong computer science and engineering fundamentals
- B.S. or M.S in Comp Sci or related field
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience building large scale applications to production
- Experience building low-latency micro-services using Node.js and Express
- Front-end experience with React and Redux
The Systems Engineer measures and analyzes subsystem and system performance to ensure that complex products will technically fulfill needs and requirements. This position is expected to function within product teams supporting both early prototypes and commercialized products. Candidates ideal for this position are data-focused, detail-oriented, adept at creating test platforms, and curious across a wide range of engineering disciplines.
- Work with subject matter experts to understand and integrate key performance metrics. Review the results and conclusions with the team.
- Develop test scripts and analysis tools using Python
- Design basic tools for testing of prototype Medical Device components and subsystems.
- Author design verification protocols and reports.
- Learn and understand the applicable technology and engage in technical discussions.
Faculty and Staff Positions
Search for faculty and staff jobs in the ISE Department on jobs.ncsu.edu.
No jobs currently available