Minor in Industrial Engineering
The minor in industrial engineering is designed to provide you, the undergraduate engineering student and other science majors in curricula other than industrial engineering, with the fundamentals of industrial engineering necessary for advanced study in the discipline and/or employment in industrial engineering-related occupations. The minor in industrial engineering offers a structured program that allows you to acquire some level of expertise in areas common to all industrial engineers as well as a deeper knowledge in at least one specific area of interest.
- Complete a minimum of 15 credit hours of ISE designated courses.
- Students must complete 6 hours of required courses and 9 hours of elective courses.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of ‘C-‘ or higher.
Required Courses (6 credit hours)
- ISE 311 Engineering Economic Analysis (3 cr)
- ISE 4XX Any 400-level ISE course (3 cr)
Elective Courses (9 credit hours minimum from the following ISE courses)
- ISE/TE 110 Computer-Based Modeling for Engineers
- ISE 216 Manufacturing Engineering Practicum
- ISE 316 Manufacturing Engineering I – Process
- ISE 352 Fundamentals of Human-Machine Systems Design
- ISE 361 Deterministic Models in Industrial Engineering
- ISE 362 Stochastic Models in Industrial Engineering
- ISE 408 Control of Production and Service Systems
- ISE 416 Manufacturing Engineering II – Automation
- ISE 417 Database Applications in Industrial & Systems Engineering
- ISE 441 Introduction to Simulation
- ISE 443 Quality Design and Control
- ISE 452 Advanced Human-Machine Systems Design
- ISE 453 Facilities Design
Admissions and Certification of Minor
You should contact Kanton Reynolds (contact info below) for admission to and certification of the minor in industrial engineering. The minor must be completed no later than the semester in which you expect to graduate from your degree program. Paperwork for certification should be completed no later than during the registration period for your final semester at NC State.
Kanton Reynolds, Director of Undergraduate Programs
111 Lampe Drive 441B
SIS Code: 14IEM