Master of Industrial Engineering / Master of Business Administration (MIE/MBA)
Are you up for the challenge?
Our innovative dual MIE/MBA degree is an excellent way to stand out in your industry. Structured around hands-on, experiential education, you are prepared to take on leadership roles in more than one field.
The MIE-MBA program allows you to get both the Master of Industrial Engineering and Master of Business Administration degrees. During the first year, you will focus primarily on completing your core MBA courses. During the second year, you will work on completing your core MIE courses.
As part of the MBA degree, you will be required to complete an MBA concentration. You can complete both degrees in four or five semesters if started in the fall or summer. There is some variance to this depending to your chosen concentration.
The current concentrations are:
- BioSciences Management
- Entrepreneurship & Technology Commercialization
- Financial Management
- Innovation Management
- Marketing Management
- Supply Chain Management
Admission to the Program
Admission to the program is a two-step process:
- The ISE department will consider your qualifications for pursuing the MIE degree
- Once accepted into the MIE program, your application will be sent to the business school for consideration into the MBA program (you still must apply separately to each program)
It is expected that you will:
- Abide by all of the specific requirements for each degree
- Take the GRE for admission to the MIE program and either the GRE or the GMAT for admission to the MBA program
- Have access to the same career and program resources as all other MBA and MIE students
- Pursue your degrees full time and will pay the same tuition rates as MBA students
For more details on specific course concentration curricula, go to MIE/MBA Course Concentration Curricula.