Interim Director of Operations Research Program
- 306 Daniels Hall
Michael G. Kay has been a professor of Industrial Engineering at North Carolina State University since 1992. He is Interim Director of the Operations Research Graduate Program and is Associate Director of Graduate Programs in the ISE Department. He is the current President of the College-Industry Council on Material Handling Education.
NC State University
University of Florida
University of Florida
Main research focus is on the design of public logistics networks. Areas of research interest include logistics network design. metaheuristics, freight transportation, material handling, warehousing, facilities design, and genetic algorithms.
- Hybrid manufacturing - integrating traditional manufacturers with additive manufacturing (AM) supply chain
- Strong, D. and Kay, M. and Conner, B. and Wakefield, T. and Manogharan, G. (2018), Additive Manufacturing, 21(), 159-173.
- A new method for generating initial solutions of capacitated vehicle routing problems
- Karagul, K. and Kay, M. G. and Tokat, S. (2018), Gazi University Journal of Science, 31(2), 489-513.
- Allocation heuristics for high-altitude long- endurance UAV image intelligence platforms
- Kim, G. and Hodgson, T. J. and King, R. E. and Liu, Y. N. and Kay, M. G. (2017), Military Operations Research, 22(3), 5-19.
- On the economic lot scheduling problem: Stock-out prevention and system feasibility
- Hanson, B. B. and Hodgson, T. J. and Kay, M. G. and King, R. E. and Thoney-Barletta, K. A. (2015), International Journal of Production Research, 53(16), 4903-4916.
- Combined DES/SD model of breast cancer screening for older women, II: screening-and-treatment simulation
- Tejada, J. J. and Ivy, J. S. and King, R. E. and Wilson, J. R. and Ballan, M. J. and Kay, M. G. and Diehl, K. M. and Yankaskas, B. C. (2014), IIE Transactions, 46(7), 707-727.
- Using a mathematical programming model to examine the marginal price of capacitated resources
- Kefeli, A. and Uzsoy, R. and Fathi, Y. and Kay, M. (2011), International Journal of Production Economics, 131(1), 383-391.
- Estimating LTL rates using publicly available empirical data
- Kay, M. G. and Warsing, D. P. (2009), International Journal of Logistics, 12(3), 165-193.
- Evaluation of cylindricity using combinatorics
- Hodgson, T. J. and Kay, M. G. and Mittal, R. O. and Tang, S. Y. (1999), IIE Transactions, 31(1), 39-47.
- Evaluation of AGV routeing strategies using hierarchical simulation
- Seifert, R. W. and Kay, M. G. and Wilson, J. R. (1998), International Journal of Production Research, 36(7), 1961-1976.
- Empirical investigation of the benefits of partial Lamarckianism
- Houck, C. R. and Joines, J. A. and Kay, M. G. and Wilson, J. R. (1997), IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 5(1), 31-60.
- A methodology for optimally designing console panels for use by a single operator
- Sargent, T. A. and Kay, M. G. and Sargent, R. G (1997), Human Factors, 39(3), 389-409.
- Comparison of genetic algorithms, random restart, and two-opt switching for solving large location-allocation problems
- Houck, C. R. and Joines, J. A. and Kay, M. G. (1996), Computers & Operations Research, 23(6), 587-596.