Interim Director of Operations Research Program
- 306 Daniels Hall
Michael G. Kay has been a professor of Industrial Engineering at North Carolina State University since 1992. He is Interim Director of the Operations Research Graduate Program and is Associate Director of Graduate Programs in the ISE Department. He is the current Vice President of the College-Industry Council on Material Handling Education.
NC State University
University of Florida
University of Florida
Main research focus is on the design of home delivery logistics networks. Areas of research interest include: logistics network design. metaheuristics, freight transportation, material handling, warehousing, facilities design, and genetic algorithms.
- On the economic lot scheduling problem: Stock-out prevention and system feasibility
- Hanson, B. B., Hodgson, T. J., Kay, M. G., King, R. E., & Thoney-Barletta, K. A. (2015), International Journal of Production Research, 53(16), 4903-4916.
- Combined DES/SD model of breast cancer screening for older women, II: screening-and-treatment simulation
- Tejada, J. J., Ivy, J. S., King, R. E., Wilson, J. R., Ballan, M. J., Kay, M. G., Diehl, K. M., & Yankaskas, B. C. (2014), IIE Transactions, 46(7), 707-727.
- Using a mathematical programming model to examine the marginal price of capacitated resources
- Kefeli, A., Uzsoy, R., Fathi, Y., & Kay, M. (2011), (International Journal of Production Economics, 131 1) (pp. 383-391).
- Estimating LTL rates using publicly available empirical data
- Kay, M. G., & Warsing, D. P. (2009), International Journal of Logistics, 12(3), 165-193.
- Supply chain multi-objective simulation optimization
- Joines, J.A., Thoney, K, & Kay, M.G. (2006), In A. Genco (Ed.), 4th International Industrial Simulation Conference 2006 : ISC'2006 ; June 5 - 7, 2006, Palermo, Italy /. (pp. 125-132). Ostend: EUROSIS-ETI.
- Evaluation of cylindricity using combinatorics
- Hodgson, T. J., Kay, M. G., Mittal, R. O., & Tang, S. Y. (1999), IIE Transactions, 31(1), 39-47.
- Evaluation of AGV routeing strategies using hierarchical simulation
- Seifert, R. W., Kay, M. G., & Wilson, J. R. (1998), International Journal of Production Research, 36(7), 1961-1976.
- Empirical investigation of the benefits of partial Lamarckianism
- Houck, C. R., Joines, J. A., Kay, M. G., & Wilson, J. R. (1997), IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 5(1), 31-60.
- A methodology for optimally designing console panels for use by a single operator
- Sargent, T. A., Kay, M. G., & Sargent, R. G. (1997), Human Factors, 39(3), 389-409.
- Comparison of genetic algorithms, random restart, and two-opt switching for solving large location-allocation problems
- Houck, C. R., Joines, J. A., & Kay, M. G. (1996), Computers & Operations Research, 23(6), 587-596.