Welcome ISE students! Our goal here is to make things as easy as possible for you by providing the resources you need.
- Giving you the answers to many ISE-related questions
- Discover how our department will prepare you for a successful career in IE
- Providing a road map of undergraduate classes to guide you through to graduation
- Showing you how to easily set up an appointment with your advisor
- Alerting you to scholarship opportunities within the COE and ISE
- Explaining certification options that will enhance your IE degree
- Helping your network with fellow IE students and professionals in our student organizations
- Giving you the software and design resources you will need to complete your IE projects
Got Questions? (FAQ)
We are sure that you have many, many questions and we are here to help. Find the answers to many ISE-related questions.
Frequently Asked Questions Page
Have You Been Accepted?
Congratulations! As a new student, you probably have lots of questions about living and learning at NC State. This New Student Checklist will help you start on the path to becoming the newest member of the Wolfpack family.
We prepare our students for employment in industry, service, consulting and government organizations. They are also ready for advanced study at leading engineering, business and management universities. We offer seven different degrees ranging from a bachelor of science to Ph.D. in industrial engineering.
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering (BSIE)
- Accelerated Bachelor / Master in Industrial Engineering (ABM)
- Master in Industrial Engineering (MIE)
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering (MSIE)
- Master of Industrial Engineering / Master of Business Administration (MIE-MBA)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Engineering (Ph.D.)
Our BSIE Curriculum is designed to help you to better understand the courses you will be taking. Just as important, it will let you know what those courses really involve.
Health Systems Engineering Certificate Program
Our program is designed to provide you with a learning experience in preparation of a career in the healthcare field. After successful completion of the program, you will receive a Health Systems Engineering Certificate. This sets you apart and makes your more marketable for a future career in the healthcare industry.
Student organizations have a lot to offer. Whether you are a member or an officer, taking part in an extracurricular group will enhance your school experience. Student organizations will help you become more well-rounded by enhancing your skills, knowledge and connections. It gets you ready to take on your future career!
IT and Design Resources
ISE wants you to have the software and design resources you need to complete your IE projects.
- Need the latest version of Solidworks?
- Need to know how to remote into your office computer
- How about a template for your research poster?
- Maybe you just need a high quality version of the ISE logo