Accelerated Bachelor/Master Program
The ABM program allows you to get both a bachelor and masters degree at an accelerated pace. You can double count up to 12 credits. This allows you to get a non-thesis MIE degree within 12 months of getting your BSIE. Within 18 months, you can get the thesis-based MSIE degree.
- You must have completed a minimum of 75 and a maximum of 96 credits hours in your undergraduate program. This includes credits earned from advanced placement
- Transfer students must have completed a minimum of two semesters (24 hours) as a full-time student at NC State
- You must have a minimum accumulated grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale at NC State
- You must have satisfied all required prerequisite 400 level courses
Allowable Course Substitutions
Students admitted to the program may substitute, up to a four (4) course limit, graduate-level courses for 400 level undergraduate courses according to the following schedule:
|Undergraduate Course||Equivalent Graduate Course|
|ISE 362 Stochastic Models in Industrial Engineering||ISE 560 Stochastic Models in Industrial Engineering|
|ISE 408 Control of Production and Service Systems||ISE 552 Design and Control of Production and Service Systems|
|ISE 417 Database Applications in Industrial and Systems Engineering||ISE 519 Database Applications in Industrial and Systems Engineering|
|ISE 441 Introduction to Simulation||ISE 562 Simulation Modeling *|
|ISE 443 Quality Design and Control||ISE 748 Quality Engineering|
|ISE 452 Advanced Human-machine Systems Design||ISE 544 Occupational Biomechanics|
|ISE 453 Modeling and Analysis of Supply Chains||ISE 553 Modeling and Analysis of Supply Chains|
NOTE: The BS portion of this program has already been approved by the University. In ALL cases, ABET and University requirements will be satisfied based upon the four-year curriculum.
* You need to complete ISE 362 or ISE 560 or equivalent to enroll in the ISE 562 course.
Application Procedure, Requirements, Continuing Eligibility and Withdrawal
- Creating an Accelerated Bachelor’s/Master’s Program
- Student Eligibility Requirements
- Application to the Accelerated Bachelor’s/Master’s Program
- Submit your Plan of Work and Set up an ABM meeting