Accelerated Bachelor/Master Program (ABM)
The ABM program allows you to get both a bachelor and masters degree at an accelerated pace. You can double count up to 12 credits. This allows you to get a non-thesis MIE degree within 12 months of getting your BSIE. Within 18 months, you can get the thesis-based MSIE degree.
- You must have completed a minimum of 75 and a maximum of 96 credits hours in your undergraduate program. This includes credits earned from advanced placement
- Transfer students must have completed a minimum of two semesters (24 hours) as a full-time student at NC State
- You must have a minimum accumulated grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale at NC State
- You must have satisfied all prerequisite requirements for 400 level courses
Allowable Course Substitutions
Students admitted to the program may substitute, up to a four (4) course limit, graduate level courses for 400 level undergraduate courses according to the following schedule:
NOTE: The BS portion of this program has already been approved by the University. In ALL cases, ABET and University requirements will be satisfied based upon the four year curriculum.
Application Procedure, Requirements, Continuing Eligibility and Withdrawal
- Creating an Accelerated Bachelor’s/Master’s Program
- Student Eligibility Requirements
- Application to the Accelerated Bachelor’s/Master’s Program
Got Questions? Contact Dr. Kanton Reynolds | email@example.com | 919.515.2362, Director of Undergraduate Programs or Cecilia Chen | firstname.lastname@example.org | 919.515.6410, Graduate Administrative Assistant.