Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering (BSIE)
Minor in Industrial Engineering
Industrial engineering differs from other branches of engineering in two ways:
- It applies to all types of industrial, commercial and government activities
- It is the only branch that concerns itself with both people and things
Industrial engineers are prime sources for management talent. They make decisions on the best way to use people, material, equipment, and energy. To do this, an industrial engineer collects and analyzes information to meet the needs of management.
As an undergraduate industrial engineer student, you will learn to:
- Solve engineering problems using analysis, experimentation, customer needs, and creativity
- Build a base of sound mathematical and scientific principles
- Design systems, products, and processes using teamwork, effective communication skills and your ability to work with many constraints
- Practice, research, manage, and succeed in a wide variety of engineering fields
- Apply the lessons you have learned to new situations as well as lead and mentor others
ABET Accreditation and Why it Matters
The Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc certifies engineering programs at the associate, bachelor and master degree levels. With ABET quality standards, you can be confident that our program will prepare you to enter a global workforce.
ABET consists of more than 2,200 experts who come from industry, academia, and government. Sought worldwide, their criteria focus on what students experience and learn. ABET’s voluntary peer-review process adds critical value to engineering programs where quality, precision, and safety are of the utmost importance.
ABET is a nonprofit, non-governmental organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
This program is designed to prepare you for a career in the healthcare field. After successful completion of the program, you will receive a Health Systems Engineering Certificate.
Got Questions? Contact our Undergraduate Services Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org | 919.513.2189.