Undergraduate Schedule and Classes FAQ
- Yes. You may register for up to 21 credit hours by completing a Course Load Waiver Form and having it signed by your academic adviser.
- Deadlines for adding/dropping courses can be found here https://studentservices.ncsu.edu/calendars/.
- Late course additions must be approved by the instructor of the course and the College of Engineering. A schedule revision form should be used to add a course.
- Late course drops are permitted only under certain extenuating circumstances. A schedule revision form should be used to add a course. The form must be accompanied by a letter of explanation addressed to the Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs justifying the request and supporting documentation (doctor’s notes, counseling center notes, etc.).
- If you have a legitimate reason for dropping a course after the deadline, you should first consult the University Counseling Center.
- The university policy on late drops (withdrawals) can be found here http://policies.ncsu.edu/regulation/reg-02-05-04.
- Schedule revision forms can be acquired from the College of Engineering.
- You are not required to come to campus for distance education courses, except for some exams. Exam accommodations can be made for out-of-state students.
- Distance education tuition varies depending on the session in which the course is taken. Check the University Cashier’s Office website for pricing: http://treasurer.ofb.ncsu.edu/cashier/.
- Distance education courses meet curriculum requirements the same as regular courses.
- Some on-campus courses are listed as “internet” courses. These ARE NOT distance education courses; they are regular courses that will be administered online. They will be billed as regular courses.
- ISE course offerings during summers are dependent on instructor availability and student demand. If no instructor is available or demand for a course is low, it will not be offered.
- The spring and summer schedules are generally posted simultaneously. We may add courses to the summer schedule at a later date but prior to the start of the session depending on demand.
- You must wait until credit for the course is posted on your transcript before registering for a class for which you are satisfying the prerequisite in summer school.
- All students must take ISE 398 regardless of the option chosen.
- ISE Capstone: ISE 398 / ISE 498 (Either Spring/Fall or Fall/Spring sequence).
- Engineering Entrepreneurship Program: ECE 482 / ECE 483 (Fall/Spring sequence only).
- Health Systems Engineering Program: ISE 520 / ISE 521 (Fall/Spring sequence only).
Can’t find your answer? Please contact our Undergraduate Services Coordinator at email@example.com | 919.513.2189.
Want to Look up Another FAQ?