Undergraduate Academic Warnings and Suspension FAQ
- Bring a copy of an Academic Advisement Form to your academic advisor. Be sure to fill out the top box before you come.
- Leave your form at the ISE undergraduate office.
- Failure to follow these steps will result in a hold on your account that prevents registration for the next semester.
- Progress toward degree warning means you are not progressing in your degree as required by the University (e.g., taking too many non-curriculum courses, repeating courses too many times, poor grades, etc.).
- If you receive a progress toward degree warning e-mail, you should schedule a meeting with your adviser as soon as possible [e-mail] to develop an agreement and plan of work for improvement.
- If you do not show improvement after one semester or fail to meet with your adviser, you will be expelled from the ISE department and switched to the non-degree studies (NDS) program.
- The university policy on progress toward degree can be found here http://policies.ncsu.edu/regulation/reg-02-05-03.
- Log into My Pack and view your Degree Audit.
- Click on Total Units in the top right corner of the Degree Audit.
- Academic standing is shown at the bottom of the Total Units page.
Can’t find your answer? Please contact our Undergraduate Services Coordinator at email@example.com | 919.513.2189.
Want to Look up Another FAQ?