Chang S. (CS) Nam
- 466 Daniels Hall
Chang S. Nam has been an Associate Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering at North Carolina State University since 2011. He is also an associated faculty in the UNC/NCSU Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering as well as Department of Psychology. Previously he was an Assistant Professor and an Associate Professor at the University of Arkansas. He teaches and conducts basic and applied research in human factors and ergonomics engineering to advance the science of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) with a broad prospective on the application of systems and information engineering to human-centered technologies, including brain-computer interfaces and rehabilitation engineering. His research has been supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR), and the Laboratory for Analytic Sciences (LAS), UNC/NCSU Rehabilitation Engineering Center (REC). For more details, refer to Brain-Computer Interface (BCI) Lab.
Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Engineering
Master of Science in Industrial Engineering
State University of New York at Buffalo
Brain-computer interface and neurorehabilitation, haptic-user interaction, neuroergonomics, and adaptive and intelligent human-computer interaction.
Honors and Awards
- CAREER Award, National Science Foundation, 2010
- Outstanding Researcher Award, University of Arkansas, 2010
- Best Teacher Award, University of Arkansas, 2010
- Brain-computer interfaces handbook: Technological and theoretical advances
- Nam, C.S., Nijholt, A., & Lotte, F. (2018), Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group.
- Immersion of virtual reality for rehabilitation - Review
- Rose, T., Nam, C. S., & Chen, K. B. (2018), Applied Ergonomics, 69, 153-161.
- Affective experience of physical user interfaces: Similarities and differences among control types
- Rhiu, I., Bahn, S., Nam, C. S., & Yun, M. H. (2018), Human Factors and Ergonomics in Manufacturing, 28(2), 56-68.
- Behavioral and neural correlates of executive function: Interplay between inhibition and updating processes
- Kim, N. Y., Wittenberg, E., & Nam, C. S. (2017), Frontiers in Neuroscience, 11.
- Neuroimaging of human balance control: A systematic review
- Wittenberg, E., Thompson, J., Nam, C. S., & Franz, J. R. (2017), Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 11.
- A systematic review of hybrid brain-computer interfaces: Taxonomy and usability perspectives
- Choi, I., Rhiu, I., Lee, Y., Yun, M. H., & Nam, C. S. (2017), PLoS One, 12(4).
- Emotional granularity effects on event-related brain potentials during affective picture processing
- Lee, J. Y., Lindquist, K. A., & Nam, C. S. (2017), Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 11, 1-18.
- Touchscreen interfaces in context: A systematic review of research into touchscreens across settings, populations, and implementations
- Orphanides, A. K., & Nam, C. S. (2017), Applied Ergonomics, 61, 116-143.
- The Role of haptic feedback in robotic-assisted retinal microsurgery systems: a systematic review
- Griffin, J. A., Zhu, W. H., & Nam, C. S. (2017), IEEE Transactions on Haptics, 10(1), 94-105.
- The effects of interruption similarity and complexity on performance in a simulated visual-manual assembly operation
- Pankok, C., Zahabi, M., Zhang, W. J., Choi, I., Liao, Y. F., Nam, C. S., & Kaber, D. (2017), Applied Ergonomics, 59, 94-103.