- Phone: 919.515.7201
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 312 | 111 Lampe Drive
Robert Young has worked extensively with electronic and aerospace industries as a consultant and with them full-time on leaves of absence from academia. He has been a Guest Professor at universities in Denmark, Germany and Austria, and has given workshops in Brazil, Venezula, Germany, Russia and South Africa. He has been working in the area of computer technology for over 45 years and in manufacturing systems since 1975. He has had more than $8,700,000 in research funding during his career and published over 80 articles on various aspects of manufacturing, many book chapters, and two books.
In 1982 he was named as Young Manufacturing Engineer of the Year by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers. In 1978 he was a University Fellow with the U.S. Air Force’s Integrated Computer-Aided Manufacturing (ICAM) Program, and subsequently worked on many of its projects. He is a past Director of the Computer and Information Systems Division of the Institute of Industrial Engineers.
Discover more about Robert Young
- Understanding the evolution of mathematics performance in primary education and the implications for STEM learning: A Markovian approach
- Reamer, A. C., Ivy, J. S., Vila-Parrish, A. R., & Young, R. E. (2015), Computers in Human Behavior, 47, 4–17. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2014.09.037
- Fuzzy knowledge-based modeling and statistical regression in abrasive wood machining
- Carrano, A. L., Taylor, J. B., Young, R. E., Lemaster, R. L., & Saloni, D. E. (2004), Forest Products Journal, 54(5), 66–72.
- Multi-objective optimization problems with fuzzy relation equation constraints
- Loetamonphong, H., Fang, S. C., & Young, R. E. (2002), Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 127(2), 141–164. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(01)00052-5
- Applying fuzzy logic and constraint networks to a problem of manufacturing flexibility
- Zukin, M., & Young, R. E. (2001), International Journal of Production Research, 39(14), 3253–3273. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207540110053570
- A distributed fuzzy constraint satisfaction system with context-based reasoning
- Ress, D. A., & Young, R. E. (1998), International Journal of Human Computer Studies, 48(3), 393–407. https://doi.org/10.1006/ijhc.1997.0177
- A methodology for the reduction of imprecision in the engineering process
- Giachetti, R. E., Young, R. E., Roggatz, A., Eversheim, W., & Perrone, G. (1997), European Journal of Operational Research, 100(2), 277–292. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(96)00290-1
- A parametric representation of fuzzy numbers and their arithmetic operators
- Giachetti, R. E., & Young, R. E. (1997), Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 91(2), 185–202. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(97)00140-1
- Analysis of the error in the standard approximation used for multiplication of triangular and trapezoidal fuzzy numbers and the development of a new approximation
- Giachetti, R. E., & Young, R. E. (1997), Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 91(1), 1–13. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(96)00118-2