Associate Adjunct Professor
- Email: email@example.com
Anita Vila-Parrish is an adjunct professor in the Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering. Previously, she worked at Dell Computers in Austin, TX as a New Product Operations Engineer. In that role she was involved in many global product launches of their notebook computers as well as extensive international travel to support development activities. During that time she received a Masters in Industrial Engineering at Texas A&M University. In 2008, she was awarded the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) dissertation grant which focused on inventory management of pharmaceuticals and patient demand modeling and in 2010 she earned her PhD in ISE from NCSU.
- AC 2012-3821: Integrating project management, Lean-Six Sigma, and assessment in an industrial engineering capstone course
- Vila-Parrish, A., & Raubenheimer, D. (2015), 2015 ieee conference on computer vision and pattern recognition (cvpr).
- An exploratory study of global competencies considered by multinational companies: A hiring perspective
- Streiner, S. C., Vila-Parrish, A. R., & Warnick, G. M. (2015), International Journal of Engineering Education, 31(5), 1239–1254.
- Teaching to foster critical and creativing TH!NKing at North Carolina State University
- Vila-Parrish, A., Carson, S., Moore, D., Atkinson, M., Auten, A., & Queen, S. (2015), Proceedings of 2015 International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning (ICL), 1117–1119.
- Understanding the evolution of mathematics performance in primary education and the implications for STEM learning: A Markovian approach
- Reamer, A. C., Ivy, J. S., Vila-Parrish, A. R., & Young, R. E. (2015), Computers in Human Behavior, 47, 4–17. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2014.09.037
- A simulation-based approach for inventory modeling of perishable pharmaceuticals
- Vila-Parrish, A. R., Ivy, J. S., & King, R. E. (2008), 2008 Winter Simulation Conference, vols 1-5, 1532–1538. https://doi.org/10.1109/wsc.2008.4736234