- Partners & Outreach
Associate ProfessorOffice phone: (919) 515-7196
Office fax: (919) 515-5281
Office location: 414-C Daniels Hall
PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2006
MS, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2001
BS, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), 1998
Dr. Jingyan Dong received his Bachelor's degree in Automatic Control from the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) in 1998, the Master's degree in Manufacturing Automation from Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2001, and the Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2006. From 2006, he worked as a Post-Doctoral Research Associate at the Center for Nanoscale Chemical-Electrical-Mechanical Manufacturing Systems (Nano-CEMMS) and a Lecturer at the Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Dr. Dong joined the faculty of Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at the North Carolina State University in 2008 and his research interests include Micro/Nano manufacturing, multi-scale mechatronics and manufacturing systems, and multi-scale biomedical manufacturing.
For additional information about Dr. Dong including curriculum vitae, recent publications and research, click here.
Areas of Interest
Micro/nanomanufacturing, high resolution 3D printing, micro-scale additive manufacturing, biomedical manufacturing, manufacturing optimization.
- Yiwei Han, Chuang Wei, Jingyan Dong, “Super-Resolution Electrohydrodynamic (EHD) 3D Printing of Micro-Structures Using Phase-Change Inks”, Manufacturing Letters, 2(4), 96-99, 2014.
- Chuang Wei, Hantang Qin, N. A. Ramírez-Iglesias, Chia-Pin Chiu, Yuan-shin Lee, Jingyan Dong, “High-Resolution AC-Pulse Modulated Electrohydrodynamic Jet Printing on Highly Insulating Substrates”, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 24(4), 045010 (9pp), 2014.
- Li Zhang, Jingyan Dong, Paul H. Cohen, “Material-Insensitive Feature Depth Control and Machining Force Reduction by Ultrasonic Vibration in AFM-Based Nanomachining”, IEEE Transaction on Nanotechnology, 12(5), 743-750, 2013
- Chuang Wei, Jingyan Dong, “Direct Fabrication of High Resolution Three-Dimensional Polymeric Scaffolds using Electrohydrodynamic Hot Jet Plotting”, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 23(2), 025017, 2013.
- Li Zhang, Jingyan Dong, “High-rate tunable ultrasonic force regulated nanomachining lithography with an atomic force microscope", Nanotechnology, 23(8), 085303, 2012.
- Chuang Wei, Lei Cai, Bhushan Sonawane, Shanfeng Wang, Jingyan Dong, “High-precision flexible fabrication of tissue engineering scaffolds using distinct polymers", Biofabrication, 4(2), 025009, 2012.