- Partners & Outreach
Assistant ProfessorOffice phone: (919) 515-7196
Office fax: (919) 515-5281
Office location: 414-C Daniels Hall
PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2006
MS, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2001
BS, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), 1998
Dr. Jingyan Dong received his Bachelor's degree in Automatic Control from the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) in 1998, the Master's degree in Manufacturing Automation from Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2001, and the Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2006. From 2006, he worked as a Post-Doctoral Research Associate at the Center for Nanoscale Chemical-Electrical-Mechanical Manufacturing Systems (Nano-CEMMS) and a Lecturer at the Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Dr. Dong joined the faculty of Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at the North Carolina State University in 2008 and his research interests include Micro/Nano manufacturing, multi-scale mechatronics and manufacturing systems, and multi-scale biomedical manufacturing.
For additional information about Dr. Dong including curriculum vitae, recent publications and research, click here.
Areas of Interest
Micro/Nano manufacturing, Multi-scale mechatronics, Nano-positioning, Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS) for manufacturing and bio-testing applications, Biomedical manufacturing.
- Zhang, L., & Dong, J. (2012). High-rate tunable ultrasonic force regulated nanomachining lithography with an atomic force microscope. Nanotechnology, 23 (8), 085303.
- Wei, C., Sonawane, B., Cai, L., Wang, S., & Dong, J. (2012). High-precision flexible fabrication of tissue engineering scaffolds using distinct polymers. Biofabrication, 4 (2), 025009.
- Koo, B., Zhang, X., Dong, J., Salapaka, S.M., & Ferreira, P.M. (2012). A 2 degree-of-freedom SOI-MEMS translation stage with closed loop lositioning. IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical System, 20 (1), 13-22.
- Wang, K., Cai, L., Zhang, L., Dong, J., & Wang, S. (2012). Biodegradable photo-crosslinked polymer substrates with concentric microgrooves for regulating MC3T3-E1 cell behavior. Advanced Healthcare Materials, 1 (3), 292-301.
- Polit, S., & Dong, J. (2011). Development of a high-bandwidth XY nanopositioning stage for high-rate micro/nano manufacturing. IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 16 (4), 722-724.
- Dong, J., & Ferreira, P.M. (2009). Electrostatically actuated cantilever with SOI-MEMS parallel kinematic XY stage. IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, 18 (3), 641-651.