This bibliography contains the publications which have been discussed by the FANGroup. The contents of this bibliography is updated on a weekly basis.
Fundamentals of Fuzzy Sets Theory:
- Zadeh, L. A., “Fuzzy Set,” Inf. Contr., 8 (1965), pp.338–353.
A fundamental paper on fuzzy set:
- Zadeh, L. A., “Outline of a New Approach to The Analysis of Complex Systems and Decision Process,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, SME-3, 1, Jan (1973), pp.28–44.
- Gurocak, H. B. and Sam Lazaro, A. de, “A Fine Tuning Method for Fuzzy Logic Rule Bases,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 67 (1994), pp.147–161.
- Lee C. C., “Fuzzy Logic in Control Systems: Fuzzy Logic Controller — Part I,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol. 20, No. 2, Mar/Apr (1990), pp.404–418.
- Lee C. C., “Fuzzy Logic in Control Systems: Fuzzy Logic Controller, Part II,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol. 20, No. 2, Mar/Apr (1990), pp.419–435.
- Munakata, T. and Jani, Y., “Fuzzy Systems: An Overview,” Communications of the ACM, Vol. 37, No. 3, Mar (1994), pp.69–76.
- Douligeris, C. and Develekos, G., “A Fuzzy Logic Approach to Congestion Control in ATM Networks,” IEEE, (1995), pp.1969–1973.
- Khalfet, J. and Chemouil, P., “Application of Fuzzy Control to Adaptive Traffic Routing in Telephone Networks,” Information and Decision Technologies, 19, (1994), pp.339–348.
- Kiszka, J. B., Gupta, M. M. and Nikiforuk, P. N., “Energistic Stability of Fuzzy Dynamic Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, 15 (1985), pp.783–796.
- Tanaka, K. and Sugeno, M., “Stability Analysis of Fuzzy Control Systems Using Lyapunov’s direct Methods,” International Proceedings of NAFIPS’ 90, 1990, pp.133–136.
- Goldberg, D. E., “Genetic and Evolutionary Algorithms Come of Age,” Communications of the ACM, 37, 3, Mar (1994).
- Whitley, D., “A Genetic Algoriths Tutorial,” Technical Report.
- Houck, C. R., Joines, J. A. and Kay, M. G. “A Genetic Algorithm for Function Optimization: A MATLAB Implementation,” Technical Report, submitted for publication.
- Joines, J. A., Culbreth, C. T. and King, R. E. “Manufacturing Cell Design: AN Integer Programming Model Employing Genetic Algorithms,” Nov. (1995), Technical Report, to appear in IIE Transactions.
- Houck, C. R., Joines, J. A. and Kay, M. G. “Comparisons of Genetic Algorithms, Random Restart, and Two-Opt Switching for Solving Large Location-Allocation Problems,” to appear in Computers Ops Res, (1996).
- Lee, M. R. and Takagi, H., “Dynamic Control of of Genetic Algorithms using Fuzzy Logic Techniques,” ICGA, (1993), pp.76–83.
Fuzzy Linear Programming:
- Zimmermann H.-J., “Description and Optimization of Fuzzy System,” Int. J. General Systems, Vol.2, (1976), pp.209–215.
- Chuang P.-H. and Munro J., “Linear Programming with Imprecise Data,” Civil Engineering Systems, 1 (1983), pp.37–41.
- Garcia-Aguado, C., “On the Sensitivity of Membership Functions for Fuzzy Linear Programming Problems,” FSS, 11 (1983), pp.47–49.
- Kikuchi, S., Vukasinovi’c, N. and Easa, S. M., “Characteristics of the Fuzzy LP Transportation Problem for Civil Engineering Application,” Civil Engineering Systems, v8 n3, Sep (1991), pp.134–144.
- Chanas, S., “The Use of Parametric Programming in Fuzzy Linear Programming,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 56 (1993), pp.243-251.
Artificial Neural Network:
- Hopfield, J. J., “Neural Networks and Physical Systems with Emergent Collective Computational Abilities,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the U.S.A., 79, Apr (1982), pp.2554–2558.
- Hopfield, J. J., “Neurons with Graded Response Have Collective Computational Properties like Those of Two-state Neurons,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the U.S.A., 81, May (1984), pp.3088–3092.
- Lippmann, R. P., “An Introduction to Computing with Neural Nets,” IEEE ASSP Magazine, Apr (1987), pp.4–22. ( An introductory paper, more on the technical aspect.)
- Masson, E. and Wang, Y.-J., “Introduction to Computation and Learning in Artificial Neural Networks,” European Journal of Operational Research, 47 (1990), pp.1–28. (An introductory paper with six typical NN models.)
- Schiffmann, W., Joost, M. and Werner, R., “Optimization of the Backpropagation Algorithm for Training Multilayer Perceptrons,” Technical Report.
- Schiffmann, W., Joost, M. and Werner, R., “Synthesis and Performance Analysis of Multilayer Neural Network Architectures,” Technical Report 16/1992.
- Buckley, J. J. and Hayashi, Y., “Fuzzy Neural Network: A survey,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 66 (1994), pp.1–13