- 446 Daniels Hall
Yunan Liu joined the department as an Assistant Professor in 2011. His research is focused on queuing theory, applied probability and stochastic modeling, with applications to service systems, especially call centers, healthcare systems, and manufacturing systems.
Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Engineering
Master of Science
Bachelor of Engineering
Methodology area: applied probability, stochastic modeling, queueing theory, fluid approximations
- Functional law of the iterated logarithm for multi-server queues with batch arrivals and customer feedback
- Guo, Y. J. and Liu, Y. A. and Pei, R. H. (2018), Annals of Operations Research, 264(1-2), 157-191.
- Many-server Gaussian limits for overloaded non-Markovian queues with customer abandonment
- Aras, A. K. and Chen, X. Y. and Liu, Y. A. (2018), Queueing Systems, 89(1-2), 81-125.
- Staffing to stabilize the tail probability of delay in service systems with time-varying demand
- Liu, Y. A. (2018), Operations Research, 66(2), 514-534.
- Allocation heuristics for high-altitude long- endurance UAV image intelligence platforms
- Kim, G. and Hodgson, T. J. and King, R. E. and Liu, Y. N. and Kay, M. G. (2017), Military Operations Research, 22(3), 5-19.
- Stabilizing performance in a service system with time-varying arrivals and customer feedback
- Liu, Y. N. and Whitt, W. (2017), European Journal of Operational Research, 256(2), 473-486.
- Approximations for heavily loaded G/GI/n plus GI queues
- Liu, Y. N. and Whitt, W. and Yu, Y. (2016), Naval Research Logistics, 63(3), 187-217.
- Staffing a service system with non-poisson non-stationary arrivals
- He, B. X. and Liu, Y. N. and Whitt, W. (2016), Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences, 30(4), 593-621.
- A law of iterated logarithm for multiclass queues with preemptive priority service discipline
- Guo, Y. J. and Liu, Y. N. (2015), Queueing Systems, 79(3-4), 251-291.
- Algorithms for time-varying networks of many-server fluid queues
- Liu, Y. A. and Whitt, W. (2014), INFORMS Journal on Computing, 26(1), 59-73.
- Many-server heavy-traffic limit for queues with time-varying parameters
- Liu, Y. N. and Whitt, W. (2014), Annals of Applied Probability, 24(1), 378-421.
- Stabilizing performance in networks of queues with time-varying arrival rates
- Liu, Y. N. and Whitt, W. (2014), Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences, 28(4), 419-449.
- Stabilizing customer abandonment in many-server queues with time-varying arrivals
- Liu, Y. N. and Whitt, W. (2012), Operations Research, 60(6), 1551-1564.
- A many-server fluid limit for the G(t)/GI/s(t) + GI queueing model experiencing periods of overloading
- Liu, Y. N. and Whitt, W. (2012), Operations Research Letters, 40(5), 307-312.
- The G(t)/GI/s(t)+GI many-server fluid queue
- Liu, Y. N. and Whitt, W. (2012), Queueing Systems, 71(4), 405-444.