- 446 Daniels Hall
Yunan Liu joined the department as an Assistant Professor in 2011. His research is focused on queuing theory, applied probability and stochastic modeling, with applications to service systems, especially call centers, healthcare systems, and manufacturing systems.
Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Engineering
Master of Science
Bachelor of Engineering
Methodology area: applied probability, stochastic modeling, queueing theory, fluid approximations
- Stabilizing performance in a service system with time-varying arrivals and customer feedback
- Liu, Y. N., & Whitt, W. (2017), European Journal of Operational Research, 256(2), 473-486.
- Staffing a service system with non-poisson non-stationary arrivals
- He, B. X., Liu, Y. N., & Whitt, W. (2016), Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences, 30(4), 593-621.
- Approximations for heavily loaded G/GI/n plus GI queues
- Liu, Y. N., Whitt, W., & Yu, Y. (2016), Naval Research Logistics, 63(3), 187-217.
- A law of iterated logarithm for multiclass queues with preemptive priority service discipline
- Guo, Y. J., & Liu, Y. N. (2015), Queueing Systems, 79(3-4), 251-291.
- Stabilizing performance in networks of queues with time-varying arrival rates
- Liu, Y. N., & Whitt, W. (2014), Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences, 28(4), 419-449.
- Algorithms for time-varying networks of many-server fluid queues
- Liu, Y. A., & Whitt, W. (2014), INFORMS Journal on Computing, 26(1), 59-73.
- Many-server heavy-traffic limit for queues with time-varying parameters
- Liu, Y. N., & Whitt, W. (2014), Annals of Applied Probability, 24(1), 378-421.
- Stabilizing customer abandonment in many-server queues with time-varying arrivals
- Liu, Y. N., & Whitt, W. (2012), Operations Research, 60(6), 1551-1564.
- A many-server fluid limit for the G(t)/GI/s(t) + GI queueing model experiencing periods of overloading
- Liu, Y. N., & Whitt, W. (2012), Operations Research Letters, 40(5), 307-312.
- The G(t)/GI/s(t)+GI many-server fluid queue
- Liu, Y. N., & Whitt, W. (2012), Queueing Systems, 71(4), 405-444.