- 446 Daniels Hall
Yunan Liu joined the department as an Assistant Professor in 2011. His research is focused on queuing theory, applied probability and stochastic modeling, with applications to service systems, especially call centers, healthcare systems, and manufacturing systems.
Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Engineering
Master of Science
Bachelor of Engineering
Methodology area: applied probability, stochastic modeling, queueing theory, fluid approximations
- Many-server Gaussian limits for overloaded non-Markovian queues with customer abandonment
- Aras, A. K., Chen, X. Y., & Liu, Y. A. (2018), Queueing Systems, 89(1-2), 81-125.
- Functional law of the iterated logarithm for multi-server queues with batch arrivals and customer feedback
- Guo, Y. J., Liu, Y. A., & Pei, R. H. (2018), Annals of Operations Research, 264(1-2), 157-191.
- Staffing to stabilize the tail probability of delay in service systems with time-varying demand
- Liu, Y. A. (2018), Operations Research, 66(2), 514-534.
- Stabilizing performance in a service system with time-varying arrivals and customer feedback
- Liu, Y. N., & Whitt, W. (2017), European Journal of Operational Research, 256(2), 473-486.
- Staffing a service system with non-poisson non-stationary arrivals
- He, B. X., Liu, Y. N., & Whitt, W. (2016), Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences, 30(4), 593-621.
- Approximations for heavily loaded G/GI/n plus GI queues
- Liu, Y. N., Whitt, W., & Yu, Y. (2016), Naval Research Logistics, 63(3), 187-217.
- A law of iterated logarithm for multiclass queues with preemptive priority service discipline
- Guo, Y. J., & Liu, Y. N. (2015), Queueing Systems, 79(3-4), 251-291.
- Stabilizing performance in networks of queues with time-varying arrival rates
- Liu, Y. N., & Whitt, W. (2014), Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences, 28(4), 419-449.
- Algorithms for time-varying networks of many-server fluid queues
- Liu, Y. A., & Whitt, W. (2014), INFORMS Journal on Computing, 26(1), 59-73.
- Many-server heavy-traffic limit for queues with time-varying parameters
- Liu, Y. N., & Whitt, W. (2014), Annals of Applied Probability, 24(1), 378-421.