- 484 Daniels Hall
Prior to joining the NC State faculty, Xu Xu started his career as a postdoctoral research fellow in the School of Public Health at Harvard University. From there he became a research scientist in Liberty Mutual Research Institute for Safety where he received best-paper and outstanding scientific contribution award multiple times.
His research interests are generally in the areas of biomechanical modeling, optimization, simulation and data mining with respect to human daily activities to promote workplace and at-home injury prevention and driving safety. Xu has published more than 40 journal articles on the aforementioned research topics. He has also served as a research advisor for three postdoctoral research fellows.
Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Engineering
NC State University
Master of Science in Industrial Engineering
NC State University
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
Human factors and ergonomics engineering, occupational biomechanics, optimization-based biomechanical modelling, data mining on human motion data, occupational musculoskeletal injury prevention.
- New technologies in human factors and ergonomics research and practice
- Lin, J. H., Kirlik, A., & Xu, X. (2018), Applied Ergonomics, 66, 179-181.
- Identification of heel strike under a slippery condition
- Chang, W. R., & Xu, X. (2018), Applied Ergonomics, 66, 32-40.
- Using a marker-less method for estimating L5/S1 moments during symmetrical lifting
- Mehrizi, R., Xu, X., Zhang, S. T., Pavlovic, V., Metaxas, D., & Li, K. (2017), Applied Ergonomics, 65, 541-550.
- Using the Microsoft Kinect (TM) to assess 3-D shoulder kinematics during computer use
- Xu, X., Robertson, M., Chen, K. B., Lin, J. H., & McGorry, R. W. (2017), Applied Ergonomics, 65, 418-423.
- An entropy-assisted musculoskeletal shoulder model
- Xu, X., Lin, J. H., & McGorry, R. W. (2017), Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 33, 103-110.
- Evaluation of regression-based 3-D shoulder rhythms
- Xu, X., Dickerson, C. R., Lin, J. H., & McGorry R. W. (2016), Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 29, 28-33.
- Hip and knee net joint moments that correlate with success in lateral load transfers over a low friction surface
- Catena, R. D., & Xu, X. (2016), Ergonomics, , 1-9.
- Ergonomic evaluation of standard and alternative pallet jack handless
- Harris-Adamson, C., Mielke, A., Xu, X., & Lin, J. (2016), International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 54, 113-119.
- Effects of Working Environment Factors and Operator Experience on Upper Extremity Mechanical Properties During Powered Hand Tool Use
- Xu, X., & Lin. J. (2015), IIE Transactions on Occupational Ergonomics and Human Factors, 3(2), 81-90.
- Age-related differences in inter-joint coordination during stair walking transitions
- Chiu, S. L., Chang, C. C., Dennerlein, J. T., & Xu, X. (2015), Gait & Posture, 42(2), 152-157.