- 484 Daniels Hall
Prior to joining the NC State faculty, Xu Xu started his career as a postdoctoral research fellow in the School of Public Health at Harvard University. From there he became a research scientist in Liberty Mutual Research Institute for Safety where he received best-paper and outstanding scientific contribution award multiple times.
His research interests are generally in the areas of biomechanical modeling, optimization, simulation and data mining with respect to human daily activities to promote workplace and at-home injury prevention and driving safety. Xu has published 37 journal articles on the aforementioned research topics. He has also served as a research advisor for three postdoctoral research fellows.
Meet Xu Xu: ISE Welcomes New Faculty
Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Engineering
NC State University
Master of Science in Industrial Engineering
NC State University
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
Human factors and ergonomics engineering, occupational biomechanics, optimization-based biomechanical modelling, data mining on human motion data, occupational musculoskeletal injury prevention.
- Evaluation of regression-based 3-D shoulder rhythms
- Xu, X., Dickerson, C. R., Lin, J. H., & McGorry R. W. (2016), Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 29, 28-33.
- Hip and knee net joint moments that correlate with success in lateral load transfers over a low friction surface
- Catena, R. D., & Xu, X. (2016), Ergonomics, , 1-9.
- Ergonomic evaluation of standard and alternative pallet jack handless
- Harris-Adamson, C., Mielke, A., Xu, X., & Lin, J. (2016), International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 54, 113-119.
- Effects of Working Environment Factors and Operator Experience on Upper Extremity Mechanical Properties During Powered Hand Tool Use
- Xu, X., & Lin. J. (2015), IIE Transactions on Occupational Ergonomics and Human Factors, 3(2), 81-90.
- Age-related differences in inter-joint coordination during stair walking transitions
- Chiu, S. L., Chang, C. C., Dennerlein, J. T., & Xu, X. (2015), Gait & Posture, 42(2), 152-157.
- Using horizontal heel displacement to identify heel strike instants in normal gait
- Banks, J. J., Chang, W. R., Xu, X., & Chang, C. C. (2015), Gait & Posture, 42(1), 101-103.
- Accuracy of the Microsoft Kinect for measuring gait parameters during treadmill walking
- Xu, X., McGorry, R. W., Chou L. S., Lin, J. H., & Chang, C. C. (2015), Gait & Posture, 42(2), 145-151.
- The accuracy of the Oculus Rift virtual reality head-mounted display during cervical spine mobility measurement
- Xu, X., Chen, K. B., Lin, J. H., & Radwin, R. G. (2015), Journal of Biomechanics, 48(4), 721-724.
- Evaluation of older driver head functional range of motion using portable immersive virtual reality
- Chen, K. B., Xu, X., Lin, J. H., & Radwin, R. G. (2015), Experimental Gerontology, 70, 150-156.
- Lower extremity kinematics that correlate with success in lateral load transfers over a low friction surface
- Catena, R. D., & Xu, X. (2015), Ergonomics, 58(9), 1571-1580.