Advisor: Dr. Rohan Shirwaiker
Shohanuzzaman Shohan is a Ph.D. student studying Biomedical Manufacturing in the Industrial and Systems Engineering department.
Shohanuzzaman Shohan’s research focuses on quality monitoring of artificial tissue/organs using data-driven approaches, including machine learning and deep learning. As a part of my research, he is also working on developing a scalable multi-modal tissue bioreactor system that can monitor quality attributes of the tissue/organ in real-time without interrupting growth/maturation.
Shohan is currently serving as the president of the society of manufacturing engineers (SME) student chapter at NCSU. Previously he has served as the vice president of SME. He is also an active associate member of the Comparative Medicine Institute (CMI) at NC State.
|Expected Graduation||Fall 2022|
|MIE||Master of Industrial Engineering||NC State University||2021|
|MSC||Master of Science in Industrial & Production Engineering||Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology||2018|
|BSC||Industrial & Production Engineering||Khulna University of Engineering & Technology||2015|
Honors and Awards
- 2022 | Shook Mentor Award
- 2022 | SME Student Officer Recognition
- 2021 | 3-Minute Thesis Competition Winner
More about his award and experience: Three Minute Thesis Competition challenges researchers to condense, present their theses
- 2021 | Summer Graduate Merit Award
- 2021 | Functional Tissue Engineering Graduate Award
- 2020 | Winner of Research Grant Mentor Competition for Young Scholars Program
- 2020 | Functional Tissue Engineering Graduate Award
- Investigating dielectric spectroscopy and soft sensing for nondestructive quality assessment of engineered tissues
- , (2022). Biosensors and Bioelectronics. https://doi.org/10.1016/J.BIOS.2022.114286
- Non-destructive quality monitoring of 3D printed tissue scaffolds via dielectric impedance spectroscopy and supervised machine learning
- Shohan, S., Harm, J., Hasan, M., Starly, B., & Shirwaiker, R. (2021), Procedia Manufacturing, 53, 636–643. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2021.06.063
- Building theory of green supply chain management for the chemical industry An emerging economy context
- Shohan, S., Ali, S. M., Kabir, G., Ahmed, S. K. K., Haque, T., & Suhi, S. A. (2020), MANAGEMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY. https://doi.org/10.1108/MEQ-11-2019-0239
- Green supply chain management in the chemical industry: structural framework of drivers
- Shohan, S., Ali, S. M., Kabir, G., Ahmed, S. K. K., Suhi, S. A., & Haque, T. (2019), INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND WORLD ECOLOGY, 26(8), 752–768. https://doi.org/10.1080/13504509.2019.1674406
- AGGREGATE PLANNING USING TRANSPORTATION METHOD: A CASE STUDY IN CABLE INDUSTRY
- , (2014). International Journal of Managing Value and Supply Chains.