Advisor: Dr. Rohan Shirwaiker
Shohanuzzaman Shohan’s research is focused on the area of biomedical manufacturing. He is applying data-driven decision-making approaches in the tissue engineering and regenerative medicine field using machine learning techniques to ensure the quality and functionality of tissue-engineered medical products (TEMPs). Part of his research also focuses on scalable tissue manufacturing systems, where he is developing a novel tissue bioreactor system that ensures the continued growth of lab-developed tissue and allows real-time nondestructive quality monitoring.
Shohan is currently serving as the president of the society of manufacturing engineers (SME) student chapter at NCSU. Previously he has served as the vice president of SME. He is also an active associate member of the Comparative Medicine Institute (CMI) at NC State.
|Expected Graduation||Fall 2022|
|MSC||Master of Science in Industrial & Production Engineering||Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology||2018|
|BSC||Industrial & Production Engineering||Khulna University of Engineering & Technology||2015|
Honors and Awards
More about his award and experience: Three Minute Thesis Competition challenges researchers to condense, present their theses
- 2021 | Summer Graduate Merit Award
- 2020 | Winner of Research Grant Mentor Competition for Young Scholars Program
- Building theory of green supply chain management for the chemical industry An emerging economy context
- Shohan, S., Ali, S. M., Kabir, G., Ahmed, S. K. K., Haque, T., & Suhi, S. A. (2020), MANAGEMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY. https://doi.org/10.1108/MEQ-11-2019-0239
- Green supply chain management in the chemical industry: structural framework of drivers
- Shohan, S., Ali, S. M., Kabir, G., Ahmed, S. K. K., Suhi, S. A., & Haque, T. (2019), INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND WORLD ECOLOGY, 26(8), 752–768. https://doi.org/10.1080/13504509.2019.1674406