Clifton A. Anderson Distinguished Professor
- 300 Daniels Hall
Reha Uzsoy is a professor in the Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering at North Carolina State University. He is the author of one book, three edited books, and numerous refereed journal publications. Before coming to the US he worked as a production engineer with Arcelik AS, a major appliance manufacturer in Istanbul, Turkey. He has also worked as a visiting researcher at Intel Corporation and IC Delco. His research has been supported by the National Science Foundation, Intel Corporation, Hitachi Semiconductor, Harris Corporation, Kimberly Clark, Union Pacific, Ascension Health and General Motors. He was named a Fellow of the Institute of Industrial Engineers in 2005, Outstanding Young Industrial Engineer in Education in 1997 and a University Faculty Fellow by Purdue University in 2001, and has received awards for both undergraduate and graduate teaching.
Discover more about Reha Uzsoy, see Faculty Profile: Reha Uzsoy
University of Florida
Master of Science
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
Bachelor of Science
Production planning, scheduling, and supply chain management.
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, Institute of Industrial Engineers,
- C.A. Anderson Outstanding Faculty Award, ISE Department at NC State University, 2011
- Appreciation to Our Reviewers
- Uzsoy, R. (2018), IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SEMICONDUCTOR MANUFACTURING, 31(4), 405–405. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSM.2018.2871481
- Editorial from the incoming editor-in-chief
- Uzsoy, R. (2018), IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, 31(2), 195–195.
- Robust optimization approaches for the equitable and effective distribution of donated food
- Orgut, I. S., Ivy, J. S., Uzsoy, R., & Hale, C. (2018), EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF OPERATIONAL RESEARCH, 269(2), 516–531. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2018.02.017
- Rolling horizon, multi-product production planning with chance constraints and forecast evolution for wafer fabs
- Ziarnetzky, T., Moench, L., & Uzsoy, R. (2018), INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRODUCTION RESEARCH, 56(18), 6112–6134. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2018.1478461
- Rounding heuristics for multiple product dynamic lot-sizing in the presence of queueing behavior
- Kang, Y., Albey, E., & Uzsoy, R. (2018), COMPUTERS & OPERATIONS RESEARCH, 100, 54–65. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cor.2018.07.019
- Load dependent lead time modelling: A robust optimization approach
- Albey, E., Yanikoglu, I., & Uzsoy, R. (2017), In 2017 winter simulation conference (wsc) (pp. 3531–3542).
- Modeling for the equitable and effective distribution of food donations under stochastic receiving capacities
- Orgut, I. S., Ivy, J., & Uzsoy, R. (2017), IISE Transactions, 49(6), 567–578.
- Multi-dimensional clearing functions for aggregate capacity modelling in multi-stage production systems
- Albey, E., Bilge, U., & Uzsoy, R. (2017), International Journal of Production Research, 55(14), 4164–4179.
- (Almost) present at the creation: 25 years of modelling and simulation in semiconductor manufacturing
- Uzsoy, R. (2016), In 2016 10th european conference on antennas and propagation (eucap) (pp. 2509–2509).
- Achieving equity, effectiveness, and efficiency in food bank operations: Strategies for feeding America with implications for global hunger relief
- Orgut, I. S., Brock, L. G., Davis, L. B., Ivy, J. S., Jiang, S., Morgan, S. D., … Middleton, E. (2016), International Series in Operations Research & Management Science, 235, 229–256.
- Chance-constrained formulations in rolling horizon production planning: An experimental study
- Lin, P. C., & Uzsoy, R. (2016), International Journal of Production Research, 54(13), 3927–3942.
- Computing the number of acute-care beds within NC Certificate of Need
- Kesercioglu, M. G., Roberts, S. D., & Uzsoy, R. (2016), Health Systems, 5(2), 98–108.
- Estimating the costs of planned changes implied by freezing production plans
- Lin, P. C., & Uzsoy, R. (2016), International Series in Operations Research & Management Science, 236, 17–44.
- Modeling cycle times in production planning models for wafer fabrication
- Kacar, N. B., Monch, L., & Uzsoy, R. (2016), IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, 29(2), 153–167.
- Modeling for the equitable and effective distribution of donated food under capacity constraints
- Orgut, I. S., Ivy, J., Uzsoy, R., & Wilson, J. R. (2016), IIE Transactions, 48(3), 252–266.
- Modeling the effect of public health resources and alerting on the dynamics of pertussis spread
- Yaylali, E., Ivy, J. S., Uzsoy, R., Samoff, E., Meyer, A. M., & Maillard, J. M. (2016), Health Systems, 5(2), 81–97.
- Modeling the impact of new product introduction on the output of semiconductor wafer fabrication facilities
- Manda, A. B., Uzsoy, R., Kempf, K. G., & Kim, S. (2016), In 2016 winter simulation conference (wsc) (pp. 2547–2558).
- Special section on emerging advances in logistics systems: Integrating remote sensing, IT, and autonomy
- Fanti, M. P., Ukovich, W., & Uzsoy, R. (2016), IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 13(4), 1420–1421.
- A chance constraint based multi-item production planning model using simulation optimization
- Albey, E., Uzsoy, R., & Kempf, K. G. (2016), In 2016 winter simulation conference (wsc) (pp. 2719–2730).
- A metamodel-based Monte Carlo simulation approach for responsive production planning of manufacturing systems
- Li, M. Q., Yang, F., Uzsoy, R., & Xu, J. (2016), Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 38, 114–133.
- Demand modeling with forecast evolution: An application to production planning
- Albey, E., Norouzi, A., Kempf, K. G., & Uzsoy, R. (2015), IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, 28(3), 374–384.
- Estimating clearing functions for production resources using simulation optimization
- Kacar, N. B., & Uzsoy, R. (2015), IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 12(2), 539–552.
- Zero-order production planning models with stochastic demand and workload-dependent lead times
- Aouam, T., & Uzsoy, R. (2015), International Journal of Production Research, 53(6), 1661–1679.
- Assessing the impact of alternative continuous improvement programmes in a flow shop using system dynamics
- Godinho, M., & Uzsoy, R. (2014), International Journal of Production Research, 52(10), 3014–3031.
- Modeling the evolution of dependency between demands, with application to inventory planning
- Norouzi, A., & Uzsoy, R. (2014), IIE Transactions, 46(1), 55–66.
- Statistical optimum estimation techniques for combinatorial optimization problems: A review and critique
- Giddings, A. P., Rardin, R. L., & Uzsoy, R. (2014), Journal of Heuristics, 20(3), 329–358.
- A comparison of multiple linear regression approaches for fitting clearing functions to empirical data
- Kacar, N. B., & Uzsoy, R. (2014), International Journal of Production Research, 52(11), 3164–3184.
- The impact of lot-sizing in multiple product environments with congestion
- Kang, Y., Albey, E., Hwang, S., & Uzsoy, R. (2014), Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 33(3), 436–444.
- Planning wafer starts using nonlinear clearing functions: A large-scale experiment
- Kacar, N. B., Monch, L., & Uzsoy, R. (2013), IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, 26(4), 602–612.
- The impact of simultaneous continuous improvement in setup time and repair time on manufacturing cycle times under uncertain conditions
- Godinho, M., & Uzsoy, R. (2013), International Journal of Production Research, 51(2), 447–464.
- An experimental comparison of production planning using clearing functions and iterative linear programming-simulation algorithms
- Kacar, N. B., Irdem, D. F., & Uzsoy, R. (2012), IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, 25(1), 104–117.
- Modelling and analysis of semiconductor manufacturing in a shrinking world: Challenges and successes
- Chien, C. F., Dauzere-Peres, S., Ehm, H., Fowler, J. W., Jiang, Z. B., Krishnaswamy, S., … Uzsoy, R. (2011), European Journal of Industrial Engineering, 5(3), 254–271.
- Prioritising production and engineering lots in wafer fabrication facilities: A simulation study
- Crist, K., & Uzsoy, R. (2011), International Journal of Production Research, 49(11), 3105–3125.
- Using a mathematical programming model to examine the marginal price of capacitated resources
- Kefeli, A., Uzsoy, R., Fathi, Y., & Kay, M. (2011), (Vol. 131, pp. 383–391).
- The effect of shop floor continuous improvement programs on the lot size-cycle time relationship in a multi-product single-machine environment
- Godinho, M., & Uzsoy, R. (2011), International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 52(5-8), 669–681.
- Estimating clearing functions from simulation data
- Kacar, N. B., & Uzsoy, R. (2010), In Proceedings of the 2010 winter simulation conference (pp. 1699–1710).
- An exploratory analysis of two iterative linear programming-simulation approaches for production planning
- Irdem, D. F., Kacar, N. B., & Uzsoy, R. (2010), IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, 23(3), 442–455.
- A genetic algorithm for a single product network design model with lead time and safety stock considerations
- Sourirajan, K., Ozsen, L., & Uzsoy, R. (2009), European Journal of Operational Research, 197(2), 599–608. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2008.07.038
- An integrated production planning model with load-dependent lead-times and safety stocks
- Orcun, S., Uzsoy, R., & Kempf, K. G. (2009), (Vol. 33, pp. 2159–2163).
- Exact and heuristic procedures for capacity expansion problems with congestion
- Kim, S., & Uzsoy, R. (2008), IIE Transactions, 40(12), 1185–1197. https://doi.org/10.1080/07408170802322978
- Integrated planning of production and engineering process improvement
- Kim, S., & Uzsoy, R. M. (2008), IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, 21(3), 390–398. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSM.2008.2001215
- An Experimental study of an iterative simulation-optimization algorithm for production planning
- Irdem, D. F., Kacar, N. B., & Uzsoy, R. (2008), (pp. 2176–2184).