- Phone: 919.515.6400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephen Roberts has been a Professor of Industrial Engineering since 1990. From 1990 to 1999 he served as Head of the Industrial Engineering Department at NC State. Previously, he spent four years as a Professor at the University of Florida, and 18 years as a joint Professor at Purdue and Indiana University School of Medicine. He has two years experience with TRW, Inc. and was director of Health Systems Research Group, Regenstrief Institute for Health Care. He received the Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award at Purdue and is an Associate Editor of Management Science and Simulation. He has developed INSIGHT and SLN simulation language. He was also a board member for the Winter Simulation Conference from 1988-1996 and served on the Editorial Advisory Committee for TOMACS. He is a member of the Association for Computing Machinery, Society for Computer Simulation, and The Institute for Management Sciences.
Roberts’s research interests include simulation modeling methodology and simulation software engineering.
|Ph.D.||Doctor of Philosophy||Purdue University||1968|
|MSIE||Master of Science in Industrial Engineering||Purdue University||1966|
|BSIE||Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineeering||Purdue University||1965|
Honors and Awards
- 2015 | C. A. Anderson Outstanding Faculty Award, ISE Department at NC State University
- 2009 | C. A. Anderson Outstanding Faculty Award, ISE Department at NC State University
- Fellow, Institute of Industrial Engineers
Discover more about Stephen Roberts
- Faculty Profile: Steve Roberts
- Robert’s Retirement Reception
- SIMIO Team Places 2nd in World Competition
- Improving NC Healthcare
- 39th Annual C.A. Anderson Awards
- Professor Earns DSHS Status
- Faculty Receive College and University Awards
- The history of simulation modeling
- Roberts, S. D., & Pegden, D. (2017), 2017 winter simulation conference (wsc), 308–323. https://doi.org/10.1109/wsc.2017.8247795
- Computing the number of acute-care beds within NC Certificate of Need
- Kesercioglu, M. G., Roberts, S. D., & Uzsoy, R. (2016), Health Systems, 5(2), 98–108. https://doi.org/10.1057/hs.2015.8
- Sensitivity analysis for a whole hospital system dynamics model
- Smith, R. L., & Roberts, S. D. (2016), 2016 10th european conference on antennas and propagation (eucap), 1305–1316.
- Simulation modeling with SIMIO: A Workbook V4 (4th ed.)
- Joines, J. A., & Roberts, S. D. (2015). , . Sewickley, PA: SIMIO LLC.
- Identifying optimal mitigation strategies for responding to a mild influenza epidemic
- Yarmand, H., Ivy, J. S., & Roberts, S. D. (2013), Simulation, 89(11), 1400–1415. https://doi.org/10.1177/0037549713505334
- Using common random numbers in health care cost-effectiveness simulation modeling
- Murphy, D. R., Klein, R. W., Smolen, L. J., Klein, T. M., & Roberts, S. D. (2013), Health Services Research, 48(4), 1508–1525. https://doi.org/10.1111/1475-6773.12044
- Simulation modeling with SIMIO: a workbook
- Joines, J. A., & Roberts, S. D. (2012). , . Sewickley, PA: SIMIO LLC.
- Payment contracts in a preventive health care system: A perspective from Operations Management
- Yaesoubi, R., & Roberts, S. D. (2011), Journal of Health Economics, 30(6), 1188–1196. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhealeco.2011.08.009
- Tutorial on the simulation of healthcare systems
- Roberts, S. D. (2011), Proceedings of the 2011 winter simulation conference (wsc), 1403–1414. https://doi.org/10.1109/wsc.2011.6147860
- A game-theoretic framework for estimating a health purchaser's willingness-to-pay for health and for expansion
- Yaesoubi, R., & Roberts, S. D. (2010), Health Care Management Science, 13(4), 358–377. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10729-010-9135-6