A. Doug Allison Distinguished Professor Emeritus
- 378 Daniels Hall
Stephen Roberts has been a Professor of Industrial Engineering since 1990. From 1990 to 1999 he served as Head of the Industrial Engineering Department at NC State. Previously, he spent four years as a Professor at the University of Florida, and 18 years as a joint Professor at Purdue and Indiana University School of Medicine. He has two years experience with TRW, Inc. and was director of Health Systems Research Group, Regenstrief Institute for Health Care. He received the Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award at Purdue and is an Associate Editor of Management Science and Simulation. He has developed INSIGHT and SLN simulation language. He was also a board member for the Winter Simulation Conference from 1988-1996 and served on the Editorial Advisory Committee for TOMACS. He is a member of the Association for Computing Machinery, Society for Computer Simulation, and The Institute for Management Sciences.
Discover more about Steve Roberts, see Faculty Profile: Steve Roberts
Master of Science in Industrial Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineeering
Simulation modeling methodology and simulation software engineering.
Honors and Awards
- C. A. Anderson Outstanding Faculty Award, ISE Department at NC State University, 2009
- C. A. Anderson Outstanding Faculty Award, ISE Department at NC State University, 2015
- Fellow, Institute of Industrial Engineers,
- The history of simulation modeling
- Roberts, S. D., & Pegden, D. (2017), In 2017 winter simulation conference (wsc) (pp. 308–323).
- Computing the number of acute-care beds within NC Certificate of Need
- Kesercioglu, M. G., Roberts, S. D., & Uzsoy, R. (2016), Health Systems, 5(2), 98–108.
- Sensitivity analysis for a whole hospital system dynamics model
- Smith, R. L., & Roberts, S. D. (2016), In 2016 10th european conference on antennas and propagation (eucap) (pp. 1305–1316).
- Identifying optimal mitigation strategies for responding to a mild influenza epidemic
- Yarmand, H., Ivy, J. S., & Roberts, S. D. (2013), Simulation, 89(11), 1400–1415.
- Using common random numbers in health care cost-effectiveness simulation modeling
- Murphy, D. R., Klein, R. W., Smolen, L. J., Klein, T. M., & Roberts, S. D. (2013), Health Services Research, 48(4), 1508–1525.
- Payment contracts in a preventive health care system: A perspective from Operations Management
- Yaesoubi, R., & Roberts, S. D. (2011), Journal of Health Economics, 30(6), 1188–1196.
- Tutorial on the simulation of healthcare systems
- Roberts, S. D. (2011), In Proceedings of the 2011 winter simulation conference (wsc) (pp. 1403–1414).
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of vaccination and self-isolation in case of H1N1
- Yarmand, H., Ivy, J. S., Roberts, S. D., Bengtson, M. W., & Bengtson, N. M. (2010), In Proceedings of the 2010 winter simulation conference (pp. 2199–2210).
- Planning for infectious disease outbreaks: a geographic disease spread, clinic location, and resource allocation simulation
- Carr, S., & Roberts, S. (2010), In Proceedings of the 2010 winter simulation conference (pp. 2171–2184).
- A game-theoretic framework for estimating a health purchaser's willingness-to-pay for health and for expansion
- Yaesoubi, R., & Roberts, S. D. (2010). A game-theoretic framework for estimating a health purchaser’s willingness-to-pay for health and for expansion. Health Care Management Science, 13(4), 358–377,
- Probabilistic cost-effectiveness comparison of screening strategies for colorectal cancer
- Tafazzoli, A., Roberts, S., Klein, R., Ness, R., & Dittus, R. (2009), ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation, 19(2).
- Development of a simulation model of colorectal cancer
- Roberts, S., Wang, L. J., Klein, R., Ness, R., & Dittus, R. (2008), ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation, 18(1).
- How much is a health insurer willing to pay for colorectal cancer screening tests?
- Yaesoubi, R., & Roberts, S. D. (2008), (pp. 1624–1631).
- Design and analysis of furniture finishing systems
- Melton, R., Culbreth, C. T., Joines, J. A., & Roberts, S. D. (2002), Forest Products Journal, 52(7-8), 27–33.
- Design and evaluation of furniture finishing systems
- Melton, R. H., Culbreth, C. T., Roberts, S. D., & Joines, J. A. (2002), Forest Products Journal, 52(7-8), 27–33.