- Phone: 919.515.2364
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 370 | 111 Lampe Drive
Leila Hajibabai received her B.S. in civil engineering in 2004 from K.N. Toosi University of Technology in Tehran, Iran. She earned her first M.Sc. in civil engineering in 2006 from Tehran University in Tehran, Iran and her second M.Sc. degree in industrial engineering in 2013 from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She has been an assistant professor in the Department of Civil Engineering at the State University of New York at Stony Brook since January 2017. Prior to this position, she was a faculty at Washington State University starting in January 2015.
Hajibabai’s research lies in the areas of systems analytics and optimization, and supply chain logistics. Her main emphasis is on sustainable transportation systems: electrification and automation, renewable energy powered mobility services, and transportation asset management. Her group uses operations research to improve the design, performance, and maintenance of such complex infrastructure systems. Her objective is to offer methodologies that address the socio-technological needs of smart and resilient cities and communities. Both theory and applications are emphasized in her group to evaluate the trade-offs on solution quality, computational efficiency, and applicability to large-scale problems in strategic, tactical, and operational levels.
Hajibabai is a member of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS). She has actively participated in various professional activities of the Transportation Network Modeling Standing Committee of Transportation Research Board (TRB) of the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine and Transportation Science and Logistics of INFORMS. Hajibabai is a member of the TRB’s Emerging Technologies in Network Modeling subcommittee and the Standing Committee on Maintenance Equipment. She is a co-chair of the Operations and Preservation Group of the TRB Young Members Council.
Discover more about Leila Hajibabai
- Joint optimization of vehicle-group trajectory and signal timing: Introducing the white phase for mixed-autonomy traffic stream
- Niroumand, R., Tajalli, M., Hajibabai, L., & Hajbabaie, A. (2020), TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH PART C-EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES, 116. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2020.102659
- Utilization Management of Highway Operations Equipment
- Mirheli, A., Tajalli, M., Mohebifard, R., Hajibabai, L., & Hajbabaie, A. (2020), TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH RECORD. https://doi.org/10.1177/0361198120927400