Foscue Distinguished Professor
- Phone: 919.515.5186
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 4131 Fitts-Woolard Hall
Russell King is the Henry L. Foscue Distinguished Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISE) at NC State University. He is both Alumni Distinguished Graduate Professor and Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor and is Fellow of the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers. He has consulted for many companies including Ford Motors, The Gap, Dillards Department Stores, and the Institute for Defense and Business. He has received numerous awards for his teaching, advising, and research including the Albert G. Holzman Distinguished Educator Award and the Technical Innovation in Industrial Engineering Award from IISE. Previously, he served as Director of CAMAL and Director of Graduate Programs for the ISE Department. Before coming to NC State, he worked as a Systems Analyst for Dynamac Corporation of Rockville, Maryland and as an Industrial Engineer at the Fleet Readiness Center Southeast, at the Jacksonville Naval Air Station.
He and his daughter are Masters of Taekwondo under Grand Master K.S. Lee of Morrisville, NC.
Discover more about Russell King
- King Named Finalist for Excellence in Teaching Award
- All Hail the King!
- The King’s Speech
- King to Receive IIE Albert G. Holzman Distinguished Educator Award
- New Tool Tackles Uncertainty in Military Logistics Planning
- CAMAL Wins ROI Grant
- Co-Directors Named for MSCEM
- Faculty Receive College and University Awards
- Logistics of carpet recycling in the U.S.: designing the recycling network
- Thoney, K. A., Sas, I., Joines, J. A., & King, R. E. (2020), The Journal of The Textile Institute, 2, 1–11. https://doi.org/10.1080/00405000.2020.1723257
- Modeling and transportation planning for US noncombatant evacuation operations in South Korea
- Kearby, J. A., Winz, R. D., Hodgson, T. J., Kay, M. G., King, R. E., & McConnell, B. M. (2020), Journal of Defense Analytics and Logistics, 4(1), 41–69. https://doi.org/10.1108/JDAL-05-2019-0010
- Assessing uncertainty and risk in an expeditionary military logistics network
- McConnell, B. M., Hodgson, T. J., Kay, M. G., King, R. E., Liu, Y., Parlier, G. H., … Wilson, J. R. (2019), The Journal of Defense Modeling and Simulation: Applications, Methodology, Technology, 7, 154851291986059. https://doi.org/10.1177/1548512919860595
- Computing base-stock levels for a two-stage supply chain with uncertain supply
- Warsing, D. P., Jr., Wangwatcharakul, W., & King, R. E. (2019), Omega, 89, 92–109. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omega.2018.10.001
- Integrated traditional and additive manufacturing production profitability model
- Nagulpelli, K. S., King, R. E., & Warsing, D. (2019), 47TH SME NORTH AMERICAN MANUFACTURING RESEARCH CONFERENCE (NAMRC 47), pp. 619–630. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2019.06.121
- A Military Logistics Network Planning System
- Rogers, M. B., McConnell, B. M., Hodgson, T. J., Kay, M. G., King, R. E., Parlier, G., & Thoney Barletta, K. (2018), Military Operations Research, 23(4), 5–24. https://doi.org/10.5711/1082598323405
- Allocation heuristics for high-altitude long- endurance UAV image intelligence platforms
- Kim, G., Hodgson, T. J., King, R. E., Liu, Y. N., & Kay, M. G. (2017), Military Operations Research, 22(3), 5–19.
- Heuristic inventory policies for a hybrid manufacturing/remanufacturing system with product substitution
- Ahiska, S. S., Gocer, F., & King, R. (2017), Computers & Industrial Engineering, 114, 206–222. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2017.10.014
- Supply chain operations reference model for us based powder bed metal additive manufacturing processes
- Shouche, S., Wysk, R. A., King, R., & Harrysson, O. L. A. (2016), 2016 winter simulation conference (wsc), 1158–1169. https://doi.org/10.1109/wsc.2016.7822173
- Analysis of a downward substitution strategy in a manufacturing/remanufacturing system
- Gocer, F., Ahiska, S. S., & King, R. E. (2015), Operations research and enterprise systems, icores 2014, 509, 186–198.