Interim Director of Operations Research Program
- 306 Daniels Hall
Michael G. Kay has been a professor of Industrial Engineering at North Carolina State University since 1992. He is Interim Director of the Operations Research Graduate Program and is Associate Director of Graduate Programs in the ISE Department. He is the current President of the College-Industry Council on Material Handling Education.
NC State University
University of Florida
University of Florida
Main research focus is on the design of public logistics networks. Areas of research interest include logistics network design. metaheuristics, freight transportation, material handling, warehousing, facilities design, and genetic algorithms.
- Hybrid manufacturing - integrating traditional manufacturers with additive manufacturing (AM) supply chain
- Strong, D., Kay, M., Conner, B., Wakefield, T., & Manogharan, G. (2018), Additive Manufacturing, 21, 159–173.
- A new method for generating initial solutions of capacitated vehicle routing problems
- Karagul, K., Kay, M. G., & Tokat, S. (2018), Gazi University Journal of Science, 31(2), 489–513.
- Allocation heuristics for high-altitude long- endurance UAV image intelligence platforms
- Kim, G., Hodgson, T. J., King, R. E., Liu, Y. N., & Kay, M. G. (2017), Military Operations Research, 22(3), 5–19.
- On the economic lot scheduling problem: Stock-out prevention and system feasibility
- Hanson, B. B., Hodgson, T. J., Kay, M. G., King, R. E., & Thoney-Barletta, K. A. (2015), International Journal of Production Research, 53(16), 4903–4916. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2015.1005246
- Combined DES/SD model of breast cancer screening for older women, II: screening-and-treatment simulation
- Tejada, J. J., Ivy, J. S., King, R. E., Wilson, J. R., Ballan, M. J., Kay, M. G., … Yankaskas, B. C. (2014), IIE Transactions, 46(7), 707–727.
- Using a mathematical programming model to examine the marginal price of capacitated resources
- Kefeli, A., Uzsoy, R., Fathi, Y., & Kay, M. (2011), (Vol. 131, pp. 383–391).
- Estimating LTL rates using publicly available empirical data
- Kay, M. G., & Warsing, D. P. (2009), International Journal of Logistics, 12(3), 165–193. https://doi.org/10.1080/13675560802392415
- Evaluation of cylindricity using combinatorics
- Hodgson, T. J., Kay, M. G., Mittal, R. O., & Tang, S. Y. (1999), IIE Transactions, 31(1), 39–47.
- Evaluation of AGV routeing strategies using hierarchical simulation
- Seifert, R. W., Kay, M. G., & Wilson, J. R. (1998), International Journal of Production Research, 36(7), 1961–1976. https://doi.org/10.1080/002075498193057
- Empirical investigation of the benefits of partial Lamarckianism
- Houck, C. R., Joines, J. A., Kay, M. G., & Wilson, J. R. (1997), IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 5(1), 31–60.
- A methodology for optimally designing console panels for use by a single operator
- Sargent, T. A., Kay, M. G., & Sargent, R. G. (1997), Human Factors, 39(3), 389–409. https://doi.org/10.1518/001872097778827052
- Comparison of genetic algorithms, random restart, and two-opt switching for solving large location-allocation problems
- Houck, C. R., Joines, J. A., & Kay, M. G. (1996), Computers & Operations Research, 23(6), 587–596. https://doi.org/10.1016/0305-0548(95)00063-1