- 370 Daniels Hall
James Wilson has been a member of the Industrial and Systems Engineering faculty at North Carolina State University since 1991. He served as head of the department from 1999 to 2007.
Master of Science
Bachelor of Arts
Probabilistic and statistical issues in the design and analysis of large-scale simulation experiments, including: modeling, estimation, and generation of stochastic input processes; analysis of output processes; improving simulation efficiency using variance reduction techniques; optimization using multiple-comparison and search procedures; and applying all these techniques to the analysis of production systems.
Honors and Awards
- C. A. Anderson Outstanding Faculty Award, ISE Department at NC State University, 1995
- Faculty Award, NC State University Libraries, 2009
- IIE Transactions Best Paper Award in Operations Engineering and Analysis, Institute of Industrial Engineers, 2011
- Distinguished Contributions Award, Association for Computing Machinery Special Interest Group on Simulation, 2011
- David F. Baker Distinguished Research Award, Institute of Industrial Engineers, 2013
- Fellow, Institute of Industrial Engineers,
- Fellow, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences,
- Creation of the computer simulation archive
- Sargent, R. G., & Wilson, J. R. (2017), In 2017 winter simulation conference (wsc). (Winter Simulation Conference Proceedings, ) (pp. 324-329).
- History of the Winter Simulation Conference: Overview and notable facts and figures
- Goldsman, D., Costa, M. D., Goldsman, P., & Wilson, J. R. (2017), In 2017 winter simulation conference (wsc). (Winter Simulation Conference Proceedings, ) (pp. 16-39).
- Automated estimation of extreme steady-state quantiles via the maximum transformation
- Alexopoulos, C., Goldsman, D., Mokashi, A. C., & Wilson, J. R. (2017), ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation, 27(4).
- A stochastic model of acute-care decisions based on patient and provider heterogeneity
- Capan, M., Ivy, J. S., Wilson, J. R., & Huddleston, J. M. (2017), Health Care Management Science, 20(2), 187-206.
- Implementing discrete event simulation to improve optometry clinic operations
- Seminelli, M. D., Wilson, J. W., & McConnell, B. M. (2016), In 2016 winter simulation conference (wsc). (Winter Simulation Conference Proceedings, ) (pp. 2157-2168).
- SPSTS: A sequential procedure for estimating the steady-state mean using standardized time series
- Alexopoulos, C., Goldsman, D., Tang, P., & Wilson, J. R. (2016), IIE Transactions, 48(9), 864-880.
- Multifractal detrended fluctuation analysis: Practical applications to financial time series
- Thompson, J. R., & Wilson, J. R. (2016), Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, 126, 63-88.
- Modeling for the equitable and effective distribution of donated food under capacity constraints
- Orgut, I. S., Ivy, J., Uzsoy, R., & Wilson, J. R. (2016), IIE Transactions, 48(3), 252-266.
- Monitoring nonlinear profiles adaptively with a wavelet-based distribution-free CUSUM chart
- Wang, H. Z., Kim, S. H., Huo, X. M., Hur, Y., & Wilson, J. R. (2015), International Journal of Production Research, 53(15), 4648-4667.
- Agent-based simulations of financial markets: zero- and positive-intelligence models
- Thompson, J. R., & Wilson, J. R. (2015), Simulation, 91(6), 527-552.