Jingyan Dong received his Bachelor’s degree in Automatic Control from the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) in 1998, the Master’s degree in Manufacturing Automation from Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2001, and the Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2006. From 2006, he worked as a Post-Doctoral Research Associate at the Center for Nanoscale Chemical-Electrical-Mechanical Manufacturing Systems (Nano-CEMMS) and a Lecturer at the Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Dr. Dong joined the faculty of Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at the North Carolina State University in 2008 and his research interests include Micro/Nano manufacturing, multi-scale mechatronics and manufacturing systems, and multi-scale biomedical manufacturing. More information can be found at Dr. Dong’s pages on Google Scholar and ResearcherID, and the website of Dr. Dong’s Research Lab.
Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Master of Science in Manufacturing Automation
Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Bachelor of Science in Automatic Control
University of Science and Technology of China
Micro/nanomanufacturing, high resolution 3D printing, micro-scale additive manufacturing, biomedical manufacturing, manufacturing optimization.
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Paper Award, SME North American Manufacturing Research Conference (NAMRC), 2015
- Outstanding Paper Award (Honorable Mention), SME North American Manufacturing Research Conference (NAMRC), 2014
- IIE Dr. Hamed K. Eldin Outstanding Early Career Industrial Engineer in Academia Award, 2013
- Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, 2012
- Monitoring tip-based nanomachining process by time series analysis using support vector machine
- Cheng, F., & Dong, J. (2019), JOURNAL OF MANUFACTURING PROCESSES, 38, 158–166. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmapro.2019.01.011
- Characterization and modeling of catalyst-free carbon-assisted synthesis of ZnO nanowires
- Kong, X. C., Wei, C., Zhu, Y., Cohen, P., & Dong, J. Y. (2018), Journal of Manufacturing Processes, 32, 438–444. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmapro.2018.03.018
- Development and characterization of ultrasonic vibration assisted nanomachining process for three-dimensional nanofabrication
- Deng, J., Dong, J. Y., & Cohen, P. H. (2018), IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, 17(3), 559–566.
- Electrohydrodynamic Printing for Advanced Micro/Nanomanufacturing: Current Progresses, Opportunities, and Challenges
- Han, Y., & Dong, J. (2018), JOURNAL OF MICRO AND NANO-MANUFACTURING, 6(4). https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4041934
- Electrohydrodynamic printing of silver nanowires for flexible and stretchable electronics
- Cui, Z., Han, Y. W., Huang, Q. J., Dong, J. Y., & Zhu, Y. (2018), Nanoscale, 10(15), 6806–6811. https://doi.org/10.1039/c7nr09570h
- Fabrication of self-recoverable flexible and stretchable electronic devices
- Han, Y., & Dong, J. (2018), In JOURNAL OF MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS (Vol. 48, pp. 24–29). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmsy.2018.04.011
- AC-pulse modulated electrohydrodynamic jet printing and electroless copper deposition for conductive microscale patterning on flexible insulating substrates
- Qin, H. T., Dong, J. Y., & Lee, Y. S. (2017), Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, 43, 179–187.
- Design, modeling and testing of integrated ring extractor for high resolution electrohydrodynamic (EHD) 3D printing
- Han, Y. W., & Dong, J. Y. (2017), Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 27(3).
- Direct printing and electrical characterization of conductive micro-silver tracks by alternating current-pulse modulated electrohydrodynamic jet printing
- Qin, H. T., Wei, C., Dong, J. Y., & Lee, Y. S. (2017), Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 139(2).
- Direct printing of capacitive touch sensors on flexible substrates by additive e-jet printing with silver nanoinks
- Qin, H. T., Cai, Y., Dong, J. Y., & Lee, Y. S. (2017), Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 139(3).