Professor and Director of the Graduate Program
- 436 Daniels Hall
Yahya Fathi has been a professor of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research at North Carolina State University since 1984. Previously, he was an assistant professor of IE at Georgia Tech and at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. Dr. Fathi received the NC State University Outstanding Teacher Award in 1999, and he is a member INFORMS, IIE, Omega Rho, and Sigma Xi.
Discover more about Dr. Fathi, see Faculty Profile: Yahya Fathi.
Ph.D. Student Advising
University of Michigan
Master of Science
University of Michigan
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
Sharif (formerly Arya-Mehr) University of Technology
Linear and nonlinear programming, integer programming, exact and inexact methods in discrete optimization, with applications in cutting and packing, data mining, cluster analysis, data base management systems, production planning and scheduling, logistics, and quality engineering.
Honors and Awards
- C. A. Anderson Outstanding Faculty Award, ISE Department at NC State University, 1991
- C. A. Anderson Outstanding Faculty Award, ISE Department at NC State University, 1998
- Effective methods for solving the Bi-criteria p-Center and p-Dispersion problem
- Tutunchi, G. K., & Fathi, Y. (2019), COMPUTERS & OPERATIONS RESEARCH, 101, 43–54. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cor.2018.08.009
- Valid inequalities for concave piecewise linear regression
- Gopalswamy, K., Fathi, Y., & Uzsoy, R. (2019), OPERATIONS RESEARCH LETTERS, 47(1), 52–58. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.orl.2018.12.004
- An integer programming approach for solving the p-dispersion problem
- Sayyady, F., & Fathi, Y. (2016), European Journal of Operational Research, 253(1), 216–225.
- Determining query readiness for structured data
- Alborzi, F., Chirkova, R., Doyle, J., & Fathi, Y. (2015), In Big data analytics and knowledge discovery (Vol. 9263, pp. 3–14).
- p-Median and p-dispersion problems: A bi-criteria analysis
- Sayyady, F., Tutunchi, G. K., & Fathi, Y. (2015), Computers & Operations Research, 61, 46–55.
- Branch and bound algorithms for resource constrained project scheduling problem subject to nonrenewable resources with prescheduled procurement
- Chaleshtarti, A. S., Shadrokh, S., & Fathi, Y. (2014), Mathematical Problems in Engineering.
- Locating traffic sensors on a highway network models and algorithms
- Sayyady, F., Fathi, Y., List, G. F., & Stone, J. R. (2013), Transportation Research Record, (2339), 30–38. https://doi.org/10.3141/2339-04
- Two-stage stochastic view selection for data-analysis queries
- Huang, R., Chirkova, R., & Fathi, Y. (2013), In Advances in databases and information systems (Vol. 186, pp. 115–123).
- A Markov chain framework for cycle time approximation of toolsets
- Akhavan-Tabatabaei, R., Fathi, Y., & Shanthikumar, J. G. (2012), IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, 25(4), 589–597.
- An efficient model for the crosscut optimisation problem in a wood processing mill
- Fathi, Y., & Kianfar, K. (2012), International Journal of Production Research, 50(2), 485–497.