University Alumni Distinguished Graduate Professor
- Phone: 919-515-2192
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 4341 Fitts-Woolard Hall
- Website: https://www.ise.ncsu.edu/fuzzy-neural/
Shu-Cherng Fang has been appointed as the University Chair Professor of Tsinghua University (Beijing), Honorary University Professor of Northeast University (Shenyang), Honorary University Professor of Shanghai University (Shanghai), Honorary University Professor of Fudan University (Shanghai), Graduate University Advisory Professor of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (Beijing), Honorary University Chair Professor of the National Chiao Tung University (Taiwan) and Honorary IEEM Chair Professor of the National Tsinghua University (Taiwan). Before joining NC State, Professor Fang was Senior Member of Research Staff at Western Electric Engineering Research Center, Supervisor at AT&T Bell Labs, and Department Manager at the Corporate Headquarters of AT&T Technologies.
Fang has published over two hundred refereed journal articles. He authored the books of Linear Optimization and Extensions: Theory and Algorithms (Prentice Hall 1993, with S. C. Puthenpura), Entropy Optimization and Mathematical Programming (Kluwer Academic 1997, with J.R. Rajasekera and H.-S. Tsao) and Linear Conic Optimization (Science Press 2013, with Wenxun Xing). He currently serves on the editorial boards of several scientific journals, including Optimization, Journal of Global Optimization, Optimization Letters, Pacific Journal of Optimization, Journal of Management and Industrial Optimization, Annals of Data Science, Systems Engineering – Theory and Practice, Journal of Systems Science and Information, Journal of Operations and Logistics, International Journal of Decision Support Systems, Chinese Journal of Management Science, Journal of Uncertainties, International Journal of Fuzzy Systems, Iranian Journal of Fuzzy Systems, Fuzzy Information and Engineering, OR Transactions and Journal of the Operations Research Society of China. He is also the Editor-in-Chief of Fuzzy Optimization and Decision Making.
Discover more about Shu-Cherng Fang
- A Prime-Logarithmic Method for Optimal Reliability Design
- Li, H.-L., Huang, Y.-H., Fang, S.-C., & Kuo, W. (2021), IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 70(1), 146–162. https://doi.org/10.1109/TR.2020.3020597
- A kernel-free double well potential support vector machine with applications
- Gao, Z., Fang, S.-C., Luo, J., & Medhin, N. (2021), European Journal of Operational Research, 290(1), 248–262. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2020.10.040
- Selecting green third party logistics providers for a loss-averse fourth party logistics provider in a multiattribute reverse auction
- Qian, X., Fang, S.-C., Yin, M., Huang, M., & Li, X. (2021), Information Sciences, 548, 357–377. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ins.2020.09.011
- A dual-channel supply chain problem with resource-utilization penalty: Who can benefit from sales effort?
- Zhao, L., You, J., & Fang, S.-C. (2020), Journal of Industrial & Management Optimization. https://doi.org/10.3934/jimo.2020097
- A gradient descent based algorithm for ℓp minimization
- Jiang, S., Fang, S.-C., Nie, T., & Xing, W. (2020), European Journal of Operational Research, 283(1), 47–56. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2019.11.051
- An alternative efficient representation for the project portfolio selection problem
- Li, X., Huang, Y.-H., Fang, S.-C., & Zhang, Y. (2020), European Journal of Operational Research, 281(1), 100–113. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2019.08.022
- An integrated algorithm for solving multi-customer joint replenishment problem with districting consideration
- Yao, M.-J., Lin, J.-Y., Lin, Y.-L., & Fang, S.-C. (2020), Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 138, 101896. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tre.2020.101896
- Culture versus Policy: More Global Collaboration to Effectively Combat COVID-19
- Li, J., Guo, K., Viedma, E. H., Lee, H., Liu, J., Zhong, N., … Shi, Y. (2020), The Innovation, 1(2), 100023. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.xinn.2020.100023
- Introduction to Linear Conic Optimization
- Xing, W., & Fang, S.-C. (2020). , . Beijing, China: Tsinghua University Press.
- Inventory transshipment game with limited supply: Trap or treat
- Wang, Z., Dai, Y., Fang, S. C., Jiang, Z. Z., & Xu, Y. (2020), Naval Research Logistics (NRL), 67(6), 383–403. https://doi.org/10.1002/nav.21925