Employers are always looking for industrial and systems engineering alumni talent.
Browse the directory below to view open internship and employment positions posted by companies and recruiters, many of whom are NC State ISE alumni.
Got a Job?
State Budget Management Analyst I
Budget Development Analysts are primarily responsible for developing the Governor’s Change Budget Recommendations and analyzing agency programs for effectiveness using research, evidence, and a cost-benefit framework.
As a Budget Development Analyst you will:
- Evaluate agency budget proposals and develop evidence-informed recommendations for the Governor’s Budget.
- Propose legislative changes necessary to carry out the proposals in the Governor’s Budget.
- Review proposed legislation and advise leadership on fiscal and policy impacts.
- Work directly with senior policy staff and agency leadership on important budget and policy issues as part of the budget development process.
- Present and explain the Governor’s proposals in legislative committee hearings and meetings with legislative staff.
- Perform in-depth program and fiscal analysis to identify fiscal and/or administrative issues and challenges and develop effective solutions.
- Prepare nonpartisan, accurate, and timely fiscal/policy analysis.
- Conduct quarterly reviews with agency leadership to review agency performance and program evaluations including progress on strategic plan implementation.
- Evaluate and conduct cost benefit analysis and analyze adequacy of rates and/or fees for government services.
- Monitor program performance and identify opportunities to improve program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Externally present information on existing or proposed programs and policies that impact the budget in area(s) of assignment. Participate in cross-functional teams on strategic initiatives to analyze agency programs for effectiveness and implement a performance management process to promote continuous improvement.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, public policy or related field from an accredited institution and two (2) years of experience preferably in governmental accounting or budgeting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Master’s degree in the disciplines of public administration, public policy, planning, business, economics, or a related field from an accredited institution. Governmental experience involving the executive and legislative budget processes.
Management is requesting that applicants submit the following documents attached to their online application:
1. A detailed cover letter that should address:
a) all the application requirements listed above
b) employment or educational experience relevant to the position
c) reasons for interest in working at OSBM
2. A current resumé (maximum length – 2 pages)
3. If you have a master’s degree and less than one year of applicable work experience, please list all internships you completed. For each internship, please identify if you received course credit or if the internship was required as part of a degree program.
Data Consultant II
The primary purpose of the position is to provide in-depth, highly technical data analysis for the budget development process. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of a team to analyze data, produce models, and formulate recommendations for education issues and salaries and benefits issues in state government;
- Analyze policy proposals and evaluate bills affecting education and salary and benefits;
- Produce econometric models and forecasts for K-12 education enrollment;
- Develop education enrollment and expenditure monitoring tools and monitor regularly;
- Review, consult on, and produce higher education enrollment forecasts provided by the NC University System and NC Community College System;
- Analyze options for changes and make recommendations on teacher and school-based administrator pay;
- Develop modeling tools to simulate impacts of policy changes to public school funding formulas;
- Perform ad-hoc economic impact analyses using economic models like IMPLAN and REMI;
- Produce predictive analytics for state expenditures; and
- Provide support for other statistical and econometric work in the office, including in the areas of Medicaid, Transportation, and revenue forecasting.
Master’s degree in statistics, economics, mathematics, decision science, computer science or other quantitative field and two (2) years of applied experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with at least one statistical programming language, including R, Stata, SAS, or similar. Experience, as demonstrated by advanced coursework or equivalent experience, in at least two (2) of the following: statistics; econometrics; program evaluation methods; data management and visualization. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Management is requesting that applicants submit the following documents attached to their online application:
A detailed cover letter that should address:
- All the application requirements listed above,
- Employment or educational experience relevant to the position, and
- Reasons for interest in working at OSBM
- A current resumé (maximum length – 2 pages)
- If you have a master’s degree and less than two years of applicable work experience, please list all internships you completed. For each internship, please identify if you received course credit or if the internship was required as part of a degree program.
The Management Trainee is responsible for becoming competent in all plant processes including regulatory compliance, maintenance, quality, research & development, engineering, human resources, safety, managerial and administrative functions. Focus will be competence on how to achieve goals through the effective management of people, machines, processes and product specifications within the area(s) of training.
How will you play an integral role?
- Actively participate in training program
- Communicate and engage with Trainer(s) and Team Members
- Learn operations and develop leadership potential by rotating through training, hands-on projects and assignments with production, engineering, quality, supply chain, finance, planning, customer service safety and human resources
- Performing additional duties as assigned
What is essential for success?
- Thought leadership – insightful decision making, innovative and strategic thinking
- Deliver results – execute with focus and accountability, lead change
- Communication skills – working with diverse teams across the organization
- Relationship building – influence and inspire
- Time management – ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- 4-year Degree or Masters’ in area where Management Trainee will be focused such as Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Management (recent or soon to be graduate as of May 2021)
- No prior manufacturing experience is required, but previous internship or co-op is a plus
- Microsoft Office experience
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
Workforce Management Sr. Analyst
The primary purpose of this role is to support the day-to-day operations of Lowe’s workforce management programs. This position leads projects that impact store labor productivity and delivers analytics and insights to executive leadership. This includes all aspects of financial planning for a multi-billion dollar expense, creating a store organizational design to deliver on strategic efforts, and supporting WFM software applications to ensure stores are staffed to provide great customer experiences across 1,700+ stores.
- Identifies and recommends areas of opportunity for expense control and labor optimization to use to inform workforce management decisions made by business leaders in various functions
- Conducts analysis and data modeling used in improving store productivity and driving business performance and develops recommendations informed by more senior experience on higher-impact, higher-visibility projects
- Creates more intricate models used in payroll planning, long-range planning, and wage growth projections to provide insight into the best utilization of business resources
- Uses engineering labor standards to develop a store operating model
- Delivers in-depth analysis on labor allocation, including use of complex statistical models, engineered labor standards, and field operations input to develop recommendations for executive leadership.
- Synthesizes information from a variety of sources, including Workforce Management Analysts, in order to derive insights and provide subject-matter expertise
- Serves as a technical expert in terms of workforce management subject-matter expertise at Lowe’s
- Completes input for quarterly forecasts used to predict the labor capacity and financial resources necessary for payroll allocation and store organizational design at Lowe’s
- Resolves workforce planning and management challenges so that the team can identify and provide an actionable resolution
- Manages the budget, analysis, and scope of projects in order to ensure they fall within the available resources and timelines, while providing the input necessary for the success of the businesses
- Partners closely with HR and Finance in order to determine employee fill rates, hiring projections, staff planning, and financial planning
Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineers (2021 Grads)
As part of Tetra Tech’s High Performance Buildings Group, we bring together the expertise of talented engineers, commissioning agents, and energy analysts from around the world. We offer high-end, sustainable building consulting and MEP engineering services for blue-chip clients across every building sector. Our services include MEP design, Net Zero Energy, lighting design, commissioning, vertical transportation, low voltage, information technologies, security, fire engineering, sustainability consulting, and acoustics. We are Better Together—Powered by Innovation.
Cosentini Associates (www.cosentini.com), a Tetra Tech company, invites you to consider an exciting opportunity within our New York City office. We are seeking innovative and assertive Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineers (2021 Grads) to join our renowned design team working in our New York office.
What’s so great about this job? This is a terrific opportunity to perform innovative Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection designs on complex, challenging projects. This position offers career challenges and growth and provides access to a market-leading compensation and benefits package.
What kind of candidate are we looking for? We are seeking talented and highly motivated engineers graduating in May 2021. To be successful, candidates must have excellent technical skills, be well versed in the newest version of AutoCAD and Revit and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Why join Cosentini? Cosentini Associates provides the following engineering services: HVAC, Electrical Power, Fire Protection, Plumbing, Energy Conservation and Sustainable Design, Code Consulting and Construction Administration Services. We are a diverse company and have a reputation for innovative design in the global design and construction industry. As part of the Tetra Tech family, we are a leading provider of consulting and engineering services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Cosentini/Tetra Tech, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
To teach undergraduate or graduate classes in the department for spring, fall, and/or summer sessions. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Education
Minimum of MS Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field and appropriate professional experience is required. The candidate must demonstrate a commitment to quality undergraduate and graduate teaching.
Experience teaching undergraduate or graduate students.
Dye Lab Intern
Interns will have the opportunity to identify the minimum package weight that can be used on all DTY yarns for color matching in the single package machines. Parallel to this project, you will pull all color data points from the production Spectro and load to the lab smart match system. You are responsible for developing the process to utilize this color information on new color developments. This hands-on project will reduce lab waste, improve submit time to customers, reduce shots per shade, reduce lab work, and potentially limit production costs.
eAFK Evocooler Machine Installation Project Overview
- Assist with logistics and process flow of the installation, including parts organization, location and order of operations – look for improvement opportunities
- Participate in design and fabrication of hardware to support the installation
- Work with startup engineers to commission the new machines, providing a detailed checkout and correction list
- Monitor machines after they are started, assist in identification and correction of performance issues
- Communicate between the installation team, operations team, and machine supplier on project-related topics
- Documentation of key findings and project updates
- Must be currently enrolled in a BS focused on Mechanical, Industrial, Textile Engineering, or related field of study
- Must possess the following traits: strong initiative, attention to detail, excellent communicator, mechanical aptitude, hands-on, analytical, and a natural problem solver
- Completed Textile courses a plus
- Available May-August 2021 (subject to school calendar)
- Partner with Unifi Manufacturing and be a part of our extraordinary team!
Each semester, the ISE main office is looking for students to assist with administrative tasks. There could be a variety of activities including, but not limited to:
- Staffing the front desk
- Organizing files
- Distributing mail
- Data queries
- Analytics on the alumni database
- Collecting and organizing information from the web
There is a preference for students interested in multiple semesters of participation.