Employers are always looking for industrial and systems engineering alumni talent.
Browse the directory below to view open internship and employment positions posted by companies and recruiters, many of whom are NC State ISE alumni.
Got a Job?
University of Tennessee Space Institute
Dr. R. Lee Leonard
University of Tennessee Space Institute Research Intern
This paid internship will provide an undergraduate student with research experiences pending the status of the pandemic. The intern will work on a project relating to materials science and biomedical engineering research under the supervision of a UTSI professor. The intern will assist with laboratory work and associated write-ups. Primary activities for the intern include the following: materials synthesis, optical spectrophotometry, soaking tests, adhesion tests, contact angle measurement, and surface energy calculation. The intern will also assist with biocompatibility testing. The intern must write a final report and present findings in a short presentation. Additional support activities may be added, as required. Some travel may be required.
- 12 Week Spring Internship
- Application Deadline: November 13, 2020
- Position Type: Temporary, Part-time (75%) Position Level: Undergraduate
- Salary: Total of $5400 stipend ($15.00/hr x 30 hrs/wk x 12 wks)
- Location: UTSI campus in Tullahoma, Tennessee
- Starts On: January 18, 2021
- Ends On: April 9, 2021
- Travel: Some travel to other facilities may be required.
- This internship is open to undergraduate students who are majoring in physics, chemistry, material science, computer science, mathematics, all branches of engineering, and related fields. Interest in biomedical engineering is desirable.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older.
- Candidates should also have enthusiasm for research, a desire to learn, and the ability to work well with others.
- HOUSING INFORMATION: On-campus housing is available pending the status of the pandemic. Rooms in the dormitory, adjacent to beautiful Woods Reservoir, can be reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis. The cost of the dorm room is not included in the stipend for the internship and must be paid out-of-pocket by the intern.
- Complete Online Application – Keyword: 2000000151 – Candidates must create an account in the online applicant system to submit an application.
- Attach Resume to Online Application
- Attach Transcript to Online Application
- Attach Letter of Recommendation to Online Application
- Attach Completed Addendum to Online Application – Before filling out this form, please save it to your computer to ensure that your information is saved to the form and then attach to your online application.
Robotic Process Automation Developer (RPA)
Support ATG’s digital transformation initiative through standardization and automation of business processes. Automate processes through process mapping and configuration of process automation software. Responsible for design, development, configuration and testing of Digital Process Automation (DPA) / Robotic Process Automation (RPA) applications. Develops and configures automation processes as per the technical requirements and specifications for the application. Identifies opportunities for improvement and/or automation of existing processes. Troubleshoots and resolves testing issues.
- Develop and implement end to end UiPath and AgilePoint software solutions for a variety of business tasks
- Programming and configuration of internal end user applications that are integrated with business processes/data and IT infrastructure
- Analyzing detailed business/functional/technical requirements and specifications for the application (and related application system components) as input to application design and coding
- Coding and configuring commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) applications using programming, scripting, and database languages
- Conduct business reviews of developed processes to obtain sign off in production deployment
- Supporting application testing, deployment, maintenance, and evolution activities by correcting programming errors, responding to scope changes, and coding application enhancements
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar
- Certification with UiPath Robotic Process Automation development preferred
- Ability to quickly learn new software platforms
- Strong logical problem-solving and analysis skills
- Ability to understand business logic and create workflow diagrams
- Ability to independently manage time and projects effectively
firstname.lastname@example.org go to College Recruits
- Work with technical professionals on projects
- Join in corporate-led internship activities, which may include team building, educational, professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Currently obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, environmental, landscape architecture, planning or related field
- Active in student organizations or societies is a plus
- Computer proficiency – MS Office Suite; ability to learn and adapt to relevant technical software
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written preferred
- Works well in a team-oriented environment
Please submit a cover letter, CV, research and teaching statements, and the names and contact information for three (3) professional references. Download the Dopaco Distinguished Professorship Position Details. PDF 487KB
Dopaco, Inc. Distinguished Professorship
The Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at North Carolina State University invites applications and nominations for the Dopaco, Inc. Distinguished Professorship. The Dopaco Professorship is endowed, having a salary level in the upper range for distinguished full professors at the university as well as a significant annual operating budget. We are especially seeking applicants with expertise in more than one discipline or domain relevant to ISE at NC State or with strengths in emerging areas such as data science and other areas related to ISE.
Each semester, the ISE main office is looking for students to assist with administrative tasks. There could be a variety of activities including, but not limited to:
- Staffing the front desk
- Organizing files
- Distributing mail
- Data queries
- Analytics on the alumni database
- Collecting and organizing information from the web
There is a preference for students interested in multiple semesters of participation.