Employers are always looking for industrial and systems engineering alumni talent.
Browse the directory below to view open internship and employment positions posted by companies and recruiters, many of whom are NC State ISE alumni.
Got a Job?
Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineers (2021 Grads)
As part of Tetra Tech’s High Performance Buildings Group, we bring together the expertise of talented engineers, commissioning agents, and energy analysts from around the world. We offer high-end, sustainable building consulting and MEP engineering services for blue-chip clients across every building sector. Our services include MEP design, Net Zero Energy, lighting design, commissioning, vertical transportation, low voltage, information technologies, security, fire engineering, sustainability consulting, and acoustics. We are Better Together—Powered by Innovation.
Cosentini Associates (www.cosentini.com), a Tetra Tech company, invites you to consider an exciting opportunity within our New York City office. We are seeking innovative and assertive Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineers (2021 Grads) to join our renowned design team working in our New York office.
What’s so great about this job? This is a terrific opportunity to perform innovative Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection designs on complex, challenging projects. This position offers career challenges and growth and provides access to a market-leading compensation and benefits package.
What kind of candidate are we looking for? We are seeking talented and highly motivated engineers graduating in May 2021. To be successful, candidates must have excellent technical skills, be well versed in the newest version of AutoCAD and Revit and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Why join Cosentini? Cosentini Associates provides the following engineering services: HVAC, Electrical Power, Fire Protection, Plumbing, Energy Conservation and Sustainable Design, Code Consulting and Construction Administration Services. We are a diverse company and have a reputation for innovative design in the global design and construction industry. As part of the Tetra Tech family, we are a leading provider of consulting and engineering services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Cosentini/Tetra Tech, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
To teach undergraduate or graduate classes in the department for spring, fall, and/or summer sessions. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Education
Minimum of MS Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field and appropriate professional experience is required. The candidate must demonstrate a commitment to quality undergraduate and graduate teaching.
Experience teaching undergraduate or graduate students.
Process Engineer Summer Internship
Coty Manufacturing, Sanford, NC
Kick off a challenging and rewarding engineering career with Coty! Our Manufacturing Internship provides the opportunity to own a project for improving a production loss in the area of Cost, Quality, Safety and/or to zero and delivering breakthrough results in your assigned area. The areas include making and chemical processes, warehouse systems and processes, material optimization, high-speed filling technologies and packing technologies. As an Intern Manufacturing Process Engineer, you will lead continuous improvement activities through detailed data analysis and root cause problem-solving tools to achieve a project over a designated period. You will have the opportunity to use your Studies in a Manufacturing environment giving you experience in your field on a practical level.
In this role you will be responsible for (depending on the project):
- Apply process improvement tools including statistical process control, process mapping, control charts, design of experiments, Lean methodology and process capability studies.
- Analyze critical line data to make recommendations for improvement from trends.
- Develop standards and train line technicians for continuous improvement at the line.
- Develop and document processes (Process Flow Diagrams).
- Interact with New Product Development, Packaging Concept Development, Technical Packaging Development, Engineering, and Manufacturing to ensure effective implementation of new products.
- Work with Supplier Quality Engineer’s and create a link between operational requirements and material supplier capabilities.
- Drive cost savings through improved productivity, material utilization improvements and optimizing labor.
- You will have the opportunity to utilize 6-Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methodologies to drive improvement in critical KPIs for the manufacturing facility.
Analytical problem solving and information gathering skills (Key Performance Indicator reporting, gap analysis, Kaizen, Loss Tree, cause-and-effect diagrams, 5-whys, etc.)
Functional / Technical Skills
- Working knowledge of statistics – Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Lean tools (i.e poka yoke / mistake-proofing / pFMEA, SMED, Standard work, value stream mapping, TPM, 5S, continuous flow, visual factory, pull systems / Kanban, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced level computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, drawing software, SAP).
Each semester, the ISE main office is looking for students to assist with administrative tasks. There could be a variety of activities including, but not limited to:
- Staffing the front desk
- Organizing files
- Distributing mail
- Data queries
- Analytics on the alumni database
- Collecting and organizing information from the web
There is a preference for students interested in multiple semesters of participation.