How To’s and Documentation
NC State Logos
ISE Letterhead and Memo Templates
ISE PowerPoint Templates
NC State University offers a wide variety of software to its students, faculty and staff for FREE or a reduced rate. Please use the links below to locate and download software.
How To’s and Documentation
How-to Remotely Connect to Your Office PC
Students, staff and faculty member can work remotely on their ISE-owned, campus computers. To gain remote access, simply request remote access permission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are using Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) while off-campus, you MUST connect to NCSU’s virtual private network (VPN) to gain access to your office machine.
- Go to https://vpn.ncsu.edu and login using your UNITY ID and password
- Follow the instructions for installing the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client onto your remote computer
- Once installed, make sure to connect to “vpn.ncsu.edu”
Most operating systems have a remote access client. With Windows operating systems this client is called Remote Desktop Connection. You can find this application by looking in the Accessories folder in your Start menu. You can access this quicker by:
- Windows 7: Pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and then type Remote Desktop Connection
- Windows 8: Clicking on the upper or lower right corner of the start screen to bring up the menu. click on the Search Icon and type Remote Desktop Connection
- Windows 10: Typing Remote Desktop Connection at the bottom of your home page into the search bar labeled, Search the web and windows
A pop up window will appear on your desktop. Enter [Hostname or IP of PC] and click Connect.
Lastly, a pop up window will ask for your Unity ID and password. Make sure to use “wolftech\unityID” as the username. Enter them and click OK. Your office PC desktop will appear.
The ISE logo uses Century Schoolbook Bold Italic and Univers fonts. But, they do not need to be loaded on your system.
- The JPG files should be used for PowerPoint, Microsoft Office documents and the web
- The PNG files offer a transparent background and are good for student research posters
- The EPS (vector) files are the only logos that should be used for print because vector files will print cleanly at any size
NC State University Logos
For information about NC State University’s brand guidelines, go to brand.ncsu.edu.
ISE Letterhead Templates
These Microsoft Word letterhead and memorandum templates are only for digital communications. After you create your body copy, please export them as PDFs. The University recommends that you should only use Arial for the content of your letter. You can purchase other stationery items, such as business cards, letterhead and envelopes, through Marketplace. Business cards are also available at Wolf Xpress in the Talley Student Union.
Use these PowerPoint templates for your presentations. Please keep in mind that NC State guidelines recommend that you should use the Arial font for your content.
We are happy to print ISE student and faculty research posters FREE of change. Simply convert your poster to a .PDF and submit it as an attachment to email@example.com. Also:
- Let us know if you would like your poster mounted on foam board
- Typically, graduate and faculty posters are 48 x 36 (inches) and undergrad posters are 40 x 30 (inches)
- Please allow up to two business days for printing
- If you would like our design team to review the layout of your poster before printing, please attach your original PowerPoint file and a request for a review
The following are templates that you are welcome to use for your poster. Simply click on the poster you like and download the PowerPoint file.