Undergraduate Registration and Holds FAQ | NC State ISE
Undergraduate Registration and Holds FAQ
- All undergraduate forms can be found on the Forms page in the myISE section of this website.
- NOTE: You will need to log into this section using your Unity ID and password.
- Check the University registration calendar for official dates https://studentservices.ncsu.edu/calendars/.
- ISE holds group advising sessions beginning the week after fall break and spring break.
- Times, locations and details of the sessions will be announced via email.
- You are trying to register before your enrollment date.
- Check MyPack for your enrollment day and time.
- Prerequisites are enforced for all ISE courses, see the course catalog to review prerequisites.
- If you meet a prerequisite for an ISE course with a transfer course that has not yet appeared on your degree audit, you may fill out the ISE Course Request Form. You may be asked to provide proof, such as an unofficial transcript.
- If you have special circumstances, you may appeal to the ISE undergraduate advisory committee. If you request an exception to an ISE rule or regulation, you must do so in writing and submit the request and a copy of the degree audit from MyPack to our Undergraduate Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- When there are open seats in a course that are reserved for specific majors, you may attend class the first day and ask the instructor for permission to have one of the restricted seats. If the instructor grants permission, use a schedule revision form to add the course to your schedule. You can pick up a schedule revision form from the College of Engineering. This form requires the instructor’s signature.
- If the course restriction says departmental approval is required, you may contact the instructor to find out who in the department can grant permission (permission must come from the department teaching the class).
- First, use the course waitlist if available to add yourself to the queue. Note that waitlists are closed on the first day of class and deleted on the last day to add a class.
- For ISE courses, fill out the ISE Course Request Form. The form is reviewed regularly and the results of your request are posted in your SuccessGPS profile.
- For non-ISE courses, if the instructor grants permission, a schedule revision form can be used to add the course to your schedule. You can pick up a schedule revision form from the College of Engineering.
- It is NOT recommended that you contact the instructor about getting into a full class as those decisions are generally made by the academic affairs staff based on a variety of factors including capacity, priority, time to graduation, etc
- No. Only administrators in the department offering a course can add or remove students from classes in that department.
- Prepare the necessary advising paperwork as directed, Academic Advisement Form.
- Late advising is done at the convenience of the ISE academic advisers.
Determine what kind of hold you have, they fall into 4 main categories and the error message should give you an idea of which type of hold you have:
- Advising/registration hold: Follow the ISE advising instructions.
- Academic warning hold: Complete an Academic Advisement Form and bring it to your adviser.
- Non-payment/cashier’s office hold: Late payments for tuition or student health services. Payment must be made to the University Cashier’s office before the hold can be released.
- Student conduct hold: Academic integrity or student conduct violation. Contact the Office of Student Conduct for more information.
Can’t find your answer? Please contact our Undergraduate Services Coordinator at email@example.com | 919.513.2189
Want to Look up Another FAQ?