Undergraduate Other FAQ | NC State ISE
Undergraduate Other FAQ
- The FE preparation course is E490.
- E490 is not required to take the FE exam.
- More information about the FE exam can be found here: https://www.engr.ncsu.edu/academics/undergrad/profengr/.
- You should visit the College of Engineering scholarship web page to apply for all COE and ISE scholarships.
- ISE and COE scholarships are awarded only to matriculated students.
- About 15% of ISE students received some type of COE or ISE scholarship.
- Odds of receiving a scholarship vary by year. GPA (overall and major), financial need, personal statement, and classification are strongly weighted in the awarding process.
- The availability of funds determines the number and amount of new scholarships awarded each year.
- If you are doing well in your classes and have time for outside activities, then undergraduate research may be for you. It is an excellent experience that prepares you for higher education.
- The best way to get started is to look through the faculty profile pages and the ISE research pages. Then, select faculty who work on research topics of interest to you, and meet with them to discuss their undergraduate research opportunities.
- Opportunities may also be announced in the weekly ISE e-mail blast.
- Please submit the request at least two days in advance of the event.
Can’t find your answer? Please contact our Undergraduate Services Coordinator at email@example.com | 919.513.2189.
Want to Look up Another FAQ?