Graduate Schedule and Classes FAQ
- You are not required to come to campus for distance education courses, except for some exams. Exam accommodations can be made if you are out of state.
- Distance education tuition varies depending on the session in which the course is taken. Check the University Cashier’s Office website for pricing: http://treasurer.ofb.ncsu.edu/cashier/.
- Distance education courses meet curriculum requirements the same as regular courses.
- Some on-campus courses are listed as “internet” courses. These ARE NOT distance education courses; they are regular courses that will be administered online. They will be billed as regular courses.
- If you are an on-campus graduate student, you may NOT take distance courses in the Fall or Spring semesters, but may take one in the Summer semester. You must set up an online account in order to register. For assistance, contact the ISE Graduate office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may take 15 credit hours in the Fall or Spring semesters. If you want to take more, you must seek the approval of the Director of Graduate Programs and fill out the necessary forms for the Graduate School, College of Engineering, and Registration and Records.
- Deadlines for adding/dropping courses can be found here https://studentservices.ncsu.edu/calendars/.
- Late course additions must be approved by the instructor of the course and the College of Engineering. A schedule revision form should be used to add a course.
- Late course drops are permitted only under certain extenuating circumstances. A schedule revision form should be used to add a course. The form must be accompanied by a letter of explanation addressed to the Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs, justifying the request and supporting documentation (doctor’s notes, counseling center notes, etc.).
- If you have a legitimate reason for dropping a course after the deadline, you should first consult the University Counseling Center.
- The university policy on late drops (withdrawals) can be found here http://policies.ncsu.edu/regulation/reg-02-05-04.
- Schedule revision forms can be acquired from the College of Engineering.
Can’t find your answer? Please contact our Graduate Services Coordinator | email@example.com | 919.515.6410.
Want to Look up Another FAQ?