Graduate Other FAQ
- ABM: Accelerated Bachelors Masters (taking master classes while pursuing a bachelor’s degree)
- MR (MIE): Masters in Industrial Engineering (no thesis)
- MIE/DE: Masters in Industrial Engineering / Distant Learning (no thesis)
- MSIE: Master of Science in Industrial Engineering (thesis)
- Ph.D.: Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Engineering
- OPT is a type of employment authorization for students in F-1 status who wish to engage in off-campus employment in their field of study during and/or after their course of study.
- Please review the OPT information on the OIS website carefully: https://internationalservices.ncsu.edu/student-employment/optional-practical-training/
- Once you have completed the OPT application, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure the form is filled out entirely, except for the DGP signature. The Graduate Services Coordinator will have the DGP sign the application and return it to you to send to OIS. ISE PRO TIP: Your application will not be approved by the DGP unless your Graduate Plan of Work has been submitted and approved.
- If you have an offer letter, please send that to email@example.com with your OPT application. If you do not have an offer letter when you send the form, send it as soon as possible.
- CPT is a type of employment authorization for students in F-1 status that allows students to engage in off-campus employment in their field of study when it is a required component of their curriculum, integral to their thesis or dissertation research (e.g., collecting data or testing hypotheses in a real-world industry environment), or part of a co-operative education program in their field of study.
- Please review the CPT information on the OIS website carefully: https://internationalservices.ncsu.edu/curricular-practical-training/
- When you are filling out the CPT application, non-thesis Master students should select Dr. Semra Ahiska King as their advisor. Thesis Master and Ph.D. students should select their advisor. The report you complete at the end of CPT should also be sent to the corresponding advisor (Dr. Ahiska King for non-thesis Masters).
Can’t find your answer? Please contact our Graduate Services Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org | 919.515.6410.
Want to Look up Another FAQ?