Advisory Board Chair Notes | March 2020

It is true how time flies. My term as chair of the ISE Advisory Board seems to have happened in the blink of an eye. Although I still have several months left, I wanted to say that it has been a genuine honor for me to serve as chair of the ISE Advisory Board and I’m excited to welcome Gayle Lanier as the new chair starting in the fall. I know I speak for everyone when I say, “Welcome, Gayle.”

We are only a few months away from the grand opening of Fitts-Woolard Hall. You can see the latest photos of the building on pages 10 – 11 of the newest edition of inGear Magazine and can check in on the construction live at go.ncsu.edu/fittswoolardcam. Speaking of the construction of Fitts-Woolard Hall, it is still on schedule for its grand opening in late June/early July. Fitts-Woolard Hall will be one of the most dynamic academic environments in the world. It will give us a competitive advantage in recruiting the best and brightest students and faculty members to NC State.

NC State’s 2nd Annual Day of Giving is March 25 and we look forward to building on your — our alumni and friends — incredible generosity from last year. I don’t want to give away any of Julie Swann’s surprises, so I’ll just say that the advisory board has a special incentive to encourage you to give.

In closing, I encourage everyone who has an interest in industrial and systems engineering at NC State to find a way to get connected. There are many ways to share your wisdom and experience with current students (See 9 Ways to Partner with ISE). If you haven’t been to campus in a while, make it a point to do so. Perhaps a nostalgic visit to Daniels Hall, Park Shops or Riddick Hall would be meaningful. And of course, don’t forget to head over to Centennial Campus to check out Fitts-Woolard Hall and the world-class Hunt Library.

GO PACK!

Larry A. Bowman, BSIE 1973