Advisory Board Chair Notes | March 2019

I would like to start my first board chair article by thanking the outgoing chair, Ed Fitts. However, before I get to that, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Joe Pleasant and I received my bachelor’s degree from the ISE Department in 1972. My entire engineering career has been spent in the healthcare industry and I have been a member of the ISE advisory board for the last 13 years. Now, let us get to more important matters.

It is an understatement to say that without Ed Fitts and his wife Deb’s support, ISE would not be where it is today. Through direct gifts, scholarships, fellowships, professorships, and more, ISE is one of the top-ranked programs in the nation and is less than two years away from moving into its brand new home, Fitts-Woolard Hall. I know that I speak for everyone associated with the ISE Department when I say, “Thank you for your generosity and support over the years.”

I am excited to see the new departmental initiatives underway to grow our outreach to potential students and faculty as well as new ways to allow our alumni to engage with the department including mentoring lunches, resume review sessions, and more. I encourage you to look at 9 Ways to Partner with ISE on page 16 and pick one that you can do to help.

I am excited about the direction of our Department and encourage all our alumni, industry partners, and friends to get involved in shaping the future of ISE for the generations of students to come.

GO PACK!!!!

Joe Pleasant, BSIE 1972