Advisory Board Chair Notes | October 2018

As you may have read in Dr. Swann‘s article “From The Department Head”, I have decided to step down from the ISE advisory board after more than 10 years as the chair. While I am excited about the opportunity to pursue my other passions, there’s also a big part of me that’s sad, as I will be seeing less of our amazing board members, faculty, staff, fellow alumni and especially our students.

I can’t tell you how much I’ve enjoyed connecting with our department over the last decade and having the opportunity to work with such great department heads as Drs. Jim Wilson, Paul Cohen, and our current department head Julie Swann. I value the friendships you have shown me over the years and have especially treasured the opportunity to meet some of the best and brightest students in the world.

While this is the end of my term as chairman of the advisory board, it is definitely not the end of my relationship with the ISE department. I look forward to staying in touch through our inGear Magazine and of course chatting with Julie, members of the board, faculty, and students during my frequent visits to campus.

I want to wish Joe Pleasant great success as he becomes the new chair for the ISE advisory board. I am confident under his and Dr. Swann’s leadership ISE will continue to excel and grow into one of the top industrial and systems engineering departments in the world.

GO PACK!!!

Ed Fitts, BSIE 1961
NC State ISE’s Biggest Fan