McCall Makes 30 Under 30

ISE alumnus Will McCall makes SME’s “30 Under 30” List which recognizes the future leaders of manufacturing

Original article courtesy of Manufacturing Engineering.

William McCall’s undergraduate work was in industrial and systems engineering, “and the system aspect was of greater interest to me initially,” he said. “But halfway through I had an internship with BMW in South Carolina. Seeing 6000 people all working toward the same goal was eyeopening. For me, it was like Dorothy going to the Emerald City.”

“While there, I gained an understanding of how great the challenge of modern manufacturing is,” he continued. “And when I thought about the various different careers I could pursue, the desire to tackle that challenge [helped lead] to a shift in the classes I took and set me on my present course.”

That course has taken McCall to AKG North American Operations.

“William is currently a manufacturing engineer [with us],” said Ric Henson, the company’s manufacturing engineering manager. “He is always focused on continuous improvement and he has an extraordinary work ethic and drive, which is apparent in all his projects.”

“Although he is assigned to a facility in North Carolina, his projects have been noticed by several plant managers, and he is continually requested to manage global projects,” Henson continued. “In addition to his normal engineering duties, William is currently managing the startup of a production facility in Brazil.”

McCall also volunteers to judge high school science projects, both at the district and state levels. In addition, he is developing a science mentor program in a local school district. McCall is also a regular tour group leader for the Career Advancement Program apprenticeship program, which introduces high schoolers to manufacturing.

See the article in Manufacturing Engineer’s July 2018 magazine