The Outstanding Young Alumni Award recognizes alumni who have distinguished themselves through professional practice and/or service. This includes to the University, profession, or society at large. Ideal candidates will have made rapid advancement within their organization. As well as received recognition for early professional achievements. They are leaders of the future in their profession.
Criteria for the Outstanding Young Alumnus Award
- The nominee must have graduated from the department with at least one of its designated degrees, which include:
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering (BSIE)
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, Furniture Manufacturing (BSIE, FM)
- Bachelor of Science in Furniture Manufacturing and Management (BSFMM)
- Master of Industrial Engineering (MIE)
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering (MSIE)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
We include candidates with affiliated degrees:
- Engineering Operations
- Operations Research advised by department faculty designated as OR-ISE
- The nominee must:
- have graduated within 20 years of the award year
- not be a current employee in the Fitts Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at NC State University
- have a continuous record of exceptional integrity and sound character
Please identify any noteworthy community and/or public service as well as commendable service to the industrial engineering profession, including service to their Alma Mater.
You can submit your nomination of an alumnus at any time. The faculty, at the first faculty meeting of the school year each August, will select award winners. The new award winners receive recognition at our annual event each year.
If you prefer, you can e-mail email@example.com or write to:
Dr. Julie Swann
Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial Engineering
111 Lampe Drive, Campus Box 7906
Raleigh, NC 27695
Class of 2018
Prior to her current role, Rashida held numerous leadership roles across IBM where she was core to establishing sustainable business operations and end to end client and partner success.
Rashida has a Bachelor of Science and Master of Engineering in Industrial Engineering, from North Carolina State University and holds an MBA from Duke University. She is the founder of the NC State College of Engineering Foundation Real Hope for Next Gen Engineers Endowed Scholarship.
Rashida is originally from St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands and has a passion for mentoring and giving back to her community.
Dr. Constance Lightner