Mentor Lunch Program
The mission of our Mentor Lunch Program is to enhance the personal and professional development of our students by building long-lasting relationships with our alumni and friends. At the same time, our alumni mentors will:
- build long-lasting relationships with our students
- create an employee pipeline for their businesses
- increase their connectivity with our department
“It was fun. Very informal. We just chatted about internships and job search. I offered to be as involved with them as they wanted.”
How It Works
- Each semester of an academic year, the alumni mentor treats up to four students to a 90-minute lunch near campus. The same students attend both lunches (if possible) so the mentor can get a sense of how things have moved along since their previous meeting.
- Students apply online and provide their email address and a one-paragraph biography so mentors can get to know a little about each mentee before the lunch.
Only sophomores, juniors, and seniors are eligible to take part in the program. Mentors can request graduate students if they prefer.
- Once the date and location for the lunch have been determined, eligible student receive an email invitation with a brief background on the mentor (name, affiliation, one-paragraph biography).
The first students (up to 4) to respond to email will attend the lunch.
- After the lunch meeting, feedback on the program is collected from both mentors and students.
- The private ISE Alumni, faculty, and Student LinkedIn Group is available for more mentor/mentee communication.
Become an ISE Mentor Today!
Thank you for your support!