Give Now to the Engineering Oval Fund
The Engineering Oval building will be the fourth academic engineering building on Centennial Campus and will sit between the Hunt Library and Engineering Building I.
- It will measure 227,000 square feet
- It will house more than 100 classrooms and state of the art laboratories
- The estimated cost is $154 million
Why Build A New Engineering Building?
Demand for industrial engineering has never been higher. The high tech economy of North Carolina and the nation demands a steady flow of industrial engineering graduates to maintain the nation’s leadership in a global economy and the ISE Department continues to grow to help meet demand. ISE faculty and students will use the additional classrooms and state-of-the-art laboratories to further research and education excellence in areas of critical societal need:
- Advanced manufacturing
- Rapid prototyping
- Health systems engineering
Who Will Use Engineering Oval?
Engineering Oval will not only serve as the home of the Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, but also the the Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering and the dean’s administrative offices.
How Will We Make Engineering Oval a Reality?
While passage of the Connect NC public bond referendum provides $77 million for the Engineering Oval project, it does not fund the entire projected construction costs. The NC State Engineering Foundation has committed to raising $60 million in private donations. They have already received about $20 million in commitments.
Early donors of $50,000 or more to the project will join the Cornerstone Society, a select group of donors will:
- Receive name recognition inside the Engineering Oval building
- Be special guests at a groundbreaking ceremony on Centennial Campus when construction is set to begin
- Receive an invitation to other VIP events as well as special insider information about the project
If you are ready to help ISE make the Engineering Oval building a reality, contact: Lora Bremer, executive director of major gifts and campaign planning | firstname.lastname@example.org | 919.513.0983