- Partners & Outreach
A. Doug Allison Distinguished ProfessorOffice phone: (919) 515-6400
Office fax: (919) 515-5821
Office location: 378 Daniels Hall
PhD, Purdue University, 1968
Steve Roberts has been a Professor of Industrial Engineering since 1990. From 1990 to 1999 he served as Head of the Industrial Engineering Department at NC State. Previously, he spent four years as a Professor at the University of Florida, and 18 years as a joint Professor at Purdue and Indiana University School of Medicine. He has two years experience with TRW, Inc. and was director of Health Systems Research Group, Regenstrief Institute for Health Care. He received the Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award at Purdue and is an Associate Editor of Management Science and Simulation. He has developed INSIGHT and SLN simulation language. He was also a board member for the Winter Simulation Conference from 1988-1996 and served on the Editorial Advisory Committee for TOMACS. He is a member of the Association for Computing Machinery, Society for Computer Simulation, and The Institute for Management Sciences.
Areas of Interest
Simulation modeling methodology and simulation software engineering.
- Roberts, S.D. (1986). Modeling and simulation with INSIGHT. Winter Simulation Conference Proceedings, 104-112.
- Joines, J.A., & Roberts, S.D. (1997). Introduction to object-oriented simulation in C++. Winter Simulation Conference Proceedings, 78-85.
- Roberts, S.D. (1974). Adaptive forecasting techniques. International Journal of Production Research, 12 (6), 635-645.
- Roberts, S.D. (2004). Simulation input modelling without data. 6th Annual Simulation Solutions Conference 2004, Conference Proceedings.
- Melton, R.H., Culbreth, C.T., Roberts, S.D., & Joines, J.A.(2001). Using automation for finishing room capacity planning. Winter Simulation Conference Proceedings, 2, 959-967.