- Partners & Outreach
Clifton A. Anderson Distinguished ProfessorOffice phone: (919) 513-1681
Office fax: (919) 515-5281
Office location: 300 Daniels Hall
Ph.D., University of Florida, 1990
M.S., Bogazici University, 1986
BSIE, Bogazici University, 1985
B.S., Bogazici University, 1984
Reha Uzsoy is a professor in the Edward P. Fitts department of Industrial & Systems Engineering at North Carolina State University. He is the author of one book, three edited books, and numerous refereed journal publications. Before coming to the US he worked as a production engineer with Arcelik AS, a major appliance manufacturer in Istanbul, Turkey. He has also worked as a visiting researcher at Intel Corporation and IC Delco. His research has been supported by the National Science Foundation, Intel Corporation, Hitachi Semiconductor, Harris Corporation, Kimberly Clark, Union Pacific, Ascension Health and General Motors. He was named a Fellow of the Institute of Industrial Engineers in 2005, Outstanding Young Industrial Engineer in Education in 1997 and a University Faculty Fellow by Purdue University in 2001, and has received awards for both undergraduate and graduate teaching.
Areas of Interest
Production planning, scheduling, and supply chain management.
- Viktorovna. N., Uzsoy, R., & Gaytan, J. A Random Keys Genetic Algorithm for a Bicriterion Project Selection and Scheduling Problem. International Journal of Planning and Scheduling. Forthcoming.
- Aouam, T., & Uzsoy, R. Zero-Order Production Planning Models in the Face of Stochastic Demand and Workload-Dependent Lead Times. International Journal of Production Research. Forthcoming.
- Kacar, N. B., & Uzsoy, R. Estimating Clearing Functions for Production Resources using Simulation Optimization. IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering. Forthcoming.
- Pulat, P. S., Sarin, S., & Uzsoy, R., (eds.) (2014). Essays in Planning, Scheduling and Optimization: a Festschrift in Honor of Prof. S. E. Elmaghraby. Springer.
- Upasani, A., & Uzsoy, R. (2014). Integrated Production Planning and Pricing Decisions in Congestion-Prone Capacitated Production Systems. Essays in Planning, Scheduling and Optimization: a Festschrift in Honor of Prof. S. E. Elmaghraby. Pulat, P. S., Sarin, S., & Uzsoy, R. (eds.). Springer.
- Kang, Y., Albey, E., Hwang, S., & Uzsoy, R. (2014). The Impact of Lot-Sizing in Multiple Product Environments with Congestion. Journal of Manufacturing Systems. 33, 436-444.
- Giddings, A., Rardin, R., & Uzsoy, R. (2014). Statistical Optimum Estimation for Combinatorial Optimization Problems: A Review and Critique. Journal of Heuristics. 20 (3), 329-358.
- Albey, E., Bilge, U., & Uzsoy, R. (2014). An Exploratory Study of Disaggregated Clearing Functions for Production Systems with Multiple Products. International Journal of Production Research. 52 (18), 5301-5322.
- Godinho Filho, M., & Uzsoy, R. (2014). Using Operating Curves to Assess the Impact of Continuous Improvement Programs in Flow Shops. International Journal of Production Research. 52 (10), 2014-3030.
- Kacar, N. B., & Uzsoy, R. (2014). A Comparison of Multiple Linear Regression Approaches for Fitting Clearing Functions to Empirical Data. International Journal of Production Research. 52 (11), 3164-3184.
- Kacar, N. B., Moench, L., & Uzsoy, R. (2013). Planning Wafer Starts using Nonlinear Clearing Functions: a Large-Scale Experiment. IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing. 26 (4), 602-612.
- Kim, S., & Uzsoy, R. (2013). Modeling and Analysis of Integrated Planning of Production and Engineering Process Improvement. IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing. 26 (3), 414-422.