- Partners & Outreach
Paul H. Cohen
Edgar S. Woolard Distinguished ProfessorOffice phone: (919) 513-2857
Office fax: (919) 515-1543
Office location: 400-B Daniels Hall
PhD, Ohio State University, 1982
MS, Ohio State University
BS, University of Rhode Island
Paul Cohen received his BS degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of Rhode Island and MS and Ph.D. degrees in Industrial and Systems Engineering from Ohio State University. He has also worked industrially at Battelle Memorial Institute and the Wanskuck Co. performing metalworking research. His work has focused on the modeling of plastic deformation processes, development of new tooling materials and tribology. His more recent research has examined properties and processes at the nano-scale. He has served in leadership roles in industry-based university research centers, published over 100 papers and served in editorial positions for leading journals. He has won numerous awards from the Institute of Industrial Engineers, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, American Society for Engineering Education and National Science Foundation. He is the chair-elect of the Council of Fellows of the Institute of Industrial Engineers.
Areas of Interest
Dr. Cohen's interests include micro/nano properties and processing, plastic deformation processes, and tribology.
- Hunter, L.W., White, J.W., Cohen, P.H., & Biermann, P.J. (2000). Materials aging problem in theory and practice. Johns Hopkins APL Technical Digest Applied Physics Laboratory), 21 (4), 575-581.
- Cohen, P.H., Biermann, P.J., & Uy, O.M. (1991). Materials development, analysis, and testing within the Steven Muller Center for Advanced Technology. Johns Hopkins APL Technical Digest (Applied Physics Laboratory), 12 (1), 39-45.
- Cohen, P.H., Melloy, B.J., & Wysk, R.A. (1989). Impact of the SME foundation on Manufacturing Engineering Education at Penn State. SME Technical Paper (Series) MS.
- Cohen, P.H., & Black, J.T. (1980). Development of a standard machining data machine. Manufacturing Engineering Transactions, 258-226.
- Cohen, P.H. (2007). Friction between deformable surfaces in machining. IIE Annual Conference and Expo 2007 - Industrial Engineering's Critical Role in a Flat World - Conference Proceedings, 1173-1178.